Georgetown update!!!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by hootowlman, Oct 1, 2014.

1. hootowlman

hootowlman 8 pointer

Feb 18, 2007
    Well guys I posted a while back looking for a place to hunt being as we had just moved here. Well thanks to the people that tried to help me. Yesterday I met a guy my buddy works with and we just got to talking and I said man I like it here but I wish I had a place to deer hunt. He said I may be able to help with that my dad owns a 100 acre farm in sadieville and he may let you hunt it I'll call and ask him. Well I agreed to help out and work on the farm if he would let me hunt he said I really don't need anything done right now but you seem like a nice guy you can hunt my farm anytime you want there's plenty of deer and you can coon hunt it too if you want... I'm happier than a kid with a new toy..... I'm going to meet him Friday morning and check the place out and he is going to show me the property and where he has been seeing deer.... I told him I'd be more than happy to work and help out for the hunting spot....heck that's the least I can do....

2. tbrakie

tbrakie 6 pointer

Aug 12, 2009
    murray
    That's awesome! Glad you were able to find a place.

3. kyhunter110

kyhunter110 8 pointer

Apr 6, 2006
    Lexington
    Sadieville is a good area. Lots of deer running around. Good luck you may have hit the jackpot.

4. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    Congrats on finding a place to hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Powerstro284

Powerstro284 8 pointer

Jun 12, 2014
    Rough river
    Congrats glad u found a place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. patiodadio

patiodadio 8 pointer

Mar 22, 2014
    hootowlman, I thought of you today. I was in traffic on Richmond Rd. in Lexington, near the intersection of Man-O-War. Its at least 4 lanes wide in one direction. I put my signal on and went to move into the left lane in about the middle of the lanes. A nice car, maybe Lexus, was coming up on me fast but the other lanes were open. As I moved into the lane, I got a horn blowing and arm waving and wild fist shaking etc from the driver who moved into the next left lane and then turned. Hum, needed to move to the left anyway and still gave me a cussing. The Lexington area in getting to be like NYC ;)
    Congrats on getting a place to hunt, hope you get a nice deer.

7. FranciscoJ

FranciscoJ 6 pointer

Feb 19, 2010
    And people say hunters don't have heart and soul...

8. hootowlman

hootowlman 8 pointer

Feb 18, 2007
    Man, I heard you I went back home to Pike co last weekend on the way home Sunday with my daughter. I had a guy get in front of me on 64 and lock his brakes up. I nearly hit him my daughter was scared to death. For miles and miles he would get in front of me and slow down or get beside a car so I couldn't pass him. The last time I got beside him he cut over and ran me and another car completely off the road into median I thought for sure he was gonna kill us. I tried a few times after that to get him to pull over but he floored it and left. Man I was furious.... I wouldn't worried about myself but I had my 11 year old with me. What I wouldn't have give to get my hands on that guy. I'm 6'4" 250 it wouldn't have been pretty.... But there's a bad apple in every bunch.

9. hootowlman

hootowlman 8 pointer

Feb 18, 2007
    I sure hope your right..... I'd just be happy with a doe for some meat.... I'm going in the morning to check it out. My buddy said the same thing his dad hunts at sadieville somewhere and he hunts with them. I think they killed 5 or 6 last year in on weekend. But the farm they hunt the guy will not let anyone else hunt it or they can't bring anyone with them