$$Gasoline Prices$$

DH13

12 pointer
Jan 13, 2012
Shelby county
Average price was over $4 dollars mid summer into fall 2008. We debated on going camping to Ky lake. But went. Some places along western Ky parkway was $4.85. But had no choice pulling a camper.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
2010-2011 were the years most comparable to now in CKy. I saw it hit 4.99 for regular but not break the 5 mark. That year about broke me. I hated to but had to let my wife drive my truck and I took her RAV. Something has to give soon.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
2010-2011 were the years most comparable to now in CKy. I saw it hit 4.99 for regular but not break the 5 mark. That year about broke me. I hated to but had to let my wife drive my truck and I took her RAV. Something has to give soon.
I bought a Mazda Protege with 230k miles and no A/C back during that commuting 1hr each way to work and parked my 4x4 Diesel 3500. I was struggling but it is 100x worse now with every single other thing hitting at once.

Yep. I’m about to swap vehicles with fiancé. I’ll have to drive her gas hog 4 Runner and she’ll be grinding gears in my 6 speed manual hatchback. My truck has literally been driven 50 miles in 2 months. It has enough dust on it to start seed sprouts.

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
I bought a Mazda Protege with 230k miles and no A/C back during that commuting 1hr each way to work and parked my 4x4 Diesel 3500. I was struggling but it is 100x worse now with every single other thing hitting at once.

Yep. I’m about to swap vehicles with fiancé. I’ll have to drive her gas hog 4 Runner and she’ll be grinding gears in my 6 speed manual hatchback. My truck has literally been driven 50 miles in 2 months. It has enough dust on it to start seed sprouts.
I hear ya.... Only times our truck gets started right now are to haul the boat to the lake (and we're fishing closer to home most of the time now) and the mower to the farm at 13mpg. I miss riding around it - it's such a comfortable ride!

Anything we can, we take my husband's manual Dodge Caliber that gets around 30mpg. Large grocery hauls (or anywhere if we have to take the dogs) are done in the Subaru at 22.4 mpg.

And I'm only hitting Kroger Thurs-Sun to get double fuel points.

The sad thing is that I stocked up on a lot of the basics back when Covid hit AND we have all the stuff I can and our grocery bill for just dairy, bread & occasional sales is still higher than it's ever been in our lives.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
I hear ya.... Only times our truck gets started right now are to haul the boat to the lake (and we're fishing closer to home most of the time now) and the mower to the farm at 13mpg. I miss riding around it - it's such a comfortable ride!

Anything we can, we take my husband's manual Dodge Caliber that gets around 30mpg. Large grocery hauls (or anywhere if we have to take the dogs) are done in the Subaru at 22.4 mpg.

And I'm only hitting Kroger Thurs-Sun to get double fuel points.

The sad thing is that I stocked up on a lot of the basics back when Covid hit AND we have all the stuff I can and our grocery bill for just dairy, bread & occasional sales is still higher than it's ever been in our lives.
Our two households have spent $360 in 3 weeks doing regular work and grocery trips. We have made one trip to a park. It’s getting rough. I’m with you on tapping our pantry hard lately.

Latest posts