Garden 2012

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by barney, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Can't be booner bucks...Bill says they are everywhere in this state, you must be hiding a P&Y stock of mountain lions!!!!!

2. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    What would be the point in growing your own pork if you didn't name it? I could buy nameless, generic pork at Kroger. :)

3. That reminds me of an old man I used kill hogs with. He named one particularly friendly pig, well, Friendly. Every time he would go out to the hog lot, little Friendly would come up and rub his head on the old man's leg, waiting for a good ear scratching. He would even let Friendly out of the lot and he would follow the old man around the farm all day as he went about his daily chores. I figured old friendly would spend his life as a big pet, eating good and laying on the porch with the bluetick When it came time to kill hogs, the old man shot old Friendly right between the eyes FIRST! I couldn't believe it, but later as we ground sausage, it got even creepier. We always pat out some burger sized patties to fry up on the spot and as the old man took a bite off his sausage sandwich, he cut a big grin and said he thought that was Friendly. To me, it was like eating Fido.

4. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    as it should have been. It would just be mean to make the good one watch as the others got it

5. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    Treble, triples yesterday. Must have used too much water!
    :)Idividual weights were 3.26, 3.06 and 3.02, for a combined weight of 9.34[​IMG]