Gallup Poll

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wildcat, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Last night after the game was over right after I finished supper the phone rang and my number id showed the Gallup Poll. This makes the 6th time they have called me since I got a caption phone. I picked it up and like I tell everybody, I'm deaf and we are on a caption phone so there is a little delay while the message is being shown on the screen. Went though all the questions without any problem.

Just lke the time they called me in 2016, I told the girl I was a Democrat and voting straight Democrat Party.

2. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    CNN polled me a few days ago. I created political surveys in college and was trained in how to reduce bias in the questions i asked. I was curious how good the pros were at it.
    I was surprised they asked for my name and if i was a gun owner. Rusty Shackleford owns no firearms LOL.
    Some questions were frustrating to me. “Has the country become increasingly divided since Trump took office?” was a good example. They would state a fact and ask you if you agreed while passively assigning blame to Trump. They will likely analyze this data and report that 82% of people believe Trump is dividing the country.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    drakeshooter likes this.
  3. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    That's the kind of questions they asked me. People who don't ever think about it will easy miss it and simply answer. Twice I asked the girl to say a question again because ever though I had it printed out on the screen it did not sound right and I told her so.

4. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    When they start asking me straight honest questions instead of biased ones I'll start giving them straight honest answers.

5. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    That will not happen, they already have the "correct answer," they just want to put words in your mouth to sustain THEIR answer .

6. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Them manipulating people are enemies of the state.

7. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Yep. Obviously skewed.

I don't participate in those polls at all. I have no idea what data base they really intend to stick me in. Screw 'em.