G5 Deadmeat vs Megameat reviews

Tman6493

8 pointer
Oct 28, 2013
Louisville
I know I want to try one of them this year. Can’t decide what to go with. Anyone have any reviews? If they are both just as accurate I don’t know why you wouldn’t want the extra length on cutting diameter. Seems like the deadmeat replacement blades and collar are cheaper tho.

Tman6493

8 pointer
Oct 28, 2013
Louisville
I like when companies include practice head.
I know they don’t come with a practice head but I did see for $15 you can get a 3 pack of practice tips that are ballistic and accurately the same as the bladed head and they won’t tear up a target as bad. The only heads I’ve used have been toxics, rage hyperdermic, and G5 montecs and the wonky ones that came with a practice tip were the rages.

predator1

12 pointer
Dec 25, 2008
Glasgow,Ky
They fly good. What I can say is that we had a buck survive a great hit from the Deadmeat. If you look at the photos below you’ll see the entry wound circled when the buck showed back up two weeks later. Then the healed wound after the neighbor killed him a month after that. The shot was taken from ground level, broadside, buried to the fletching, 27 yards. Won’t be using them again. I’ll stick to Exodus.
1B26BBA3-F0FF-47EA-825B-2411F98033EC.jpeg
C5A5554D-4B22-4888-AF3F-D5C8519A90EE.jpeg

hunt

8 pointer
Sep 29, 2015
The Berg
They fly good. What I can say is that we had a buck survive a great hit from the Deadmeat. If you look at the photos below you’ll see the entry wound circled when the buck showed back up two weeks later. Then the healed wound after the neighbor killed him a month after that. The shot was taken from ground level, broadside, buried to the fletching, 27 yards. Won’t be using them again. I’ll stick to Exodus.
View attachment 103911 View attachment 103910
Wow! How much penetration? Any blades break?

Looks like a great hit, surprised he made it through that!

3PointSlayer

6 pointer
Aug 3, 2021
Between The Bridges
View attachment 103911 View attachment 103910
Seems like a field point ought to have killed a deer there. That’s pretty crazy.

predator1

12 pointer
Dec 25, 2008
Glasgow,Ky
Wow! How much penetration? Any blades break?

Looks like a great hit, surprised he made it through that!
It exited the far shoulder even though it wasn’t a pass thru. Had a healed wound like the entrance. Never found the broadhead. The last 3” of the bolt was snapped off. Found what was left of it 10 yards from impact in the direction he ran. Assuming it snapped off when he lunged to run off after impact. We captured the entire thing on video.
22AE7838-9D30-4561-9B63-8D49E40DFA73.jpeg
31BA5EA6-FB43-4209-9092-32BB096602DA.jpeg

CalebConn16

6 pointer
May 27, 2016
It exited the far shoulder even though it wasn’t a pass thru. Had a healed wound like the entrance. Never found the broadhead. The last 3” of the bolt was snapped off. Found what was left of it 10 yards from impact in the direction he ran. Assuming it snapped off when he lunged to run off after impact. We captured the entire thing on video.
View attachment 103913 View attachment 103914
I swear I know it isn’t but that hit looks a lot higher in this picture than the dead picture. That’s crazy though

predator1

12 pointer
Dec 25, 2008
Glasgow,Ky
I swear I know it isn’t but that hit looks a lot higher in this picture than the dead picture. That’s crazy though
I think it’s because he’s running and the front leg is back. It’s causing the fletching end to point down while the end still inside points up. I’ve tried to get better views. Just hard to get the video stopped perfectly along with the jump of the crossbow at the shot.