Funniest Things Ever Happened

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by littletom, Nov 10, 2019 at 8:44 PM.

1. littletom

littletom 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    Knob Lick, Ky
    Was reading the public land thread on deer page some good ones. So whats craziest things you have seen go down in a blind?
    I was hunting a corn field near a state park in central IL few years ago in lay out blind. We were setting there with doors open. Woman leaves trail starts across field. I expect anti huntin ordeal. Nope was worried about us thought we were in quick sand.

2. Giveem3outdoors

Giveem3outdoors 12 pointer

Jan 18, 2009
    ohio county ky
    That one will be hard to top lol.

3. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    The farm I hunt on here in Bagdad Old man owns it. He is 90 now. But a few years ago I went in before day light in his picked corn field. Put out about 200 Goose decoys. Put my lay out blind in the middle of them. Me and my Dog settled in. About day light I see his sons truck coming out in the field headed toward me. When they got close I got out of the lay out and stood up. They stopped the truck son and the old man got out laughing. Son said his dad said son get up here. We have a dead Cow in the corn field and about a 100 Buzzards sitting around it.

4. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    The old codger I hunt with turns 81 this week....

He picked up his first duck dog(Mixed labish mutt)a few years ago...("Fluffles")

We get to this terrible hard to use un maintained "boat ramp" on Ky Lake at 0dark30 and Dempsey has a pain... I'm waiting on him standing next to the boat as he walked off into the woods to lean against a tree... About the time he is cutting the last turd, "Fluffles" decides to give Dempsey a big kiss... Dempsey just about falls back into it and the cussing took atleast ten degrees off of the chill!!!

Then it gets better! Dempsey is getting his waders pulled back up when "Fluffles " decides it smells delicious and takes and early morning roll!!

Needless to say, I held the leash as I let Dempsey clean his dog up in the creek!

Bee likes this.
  5. Rod S.

Rod S. 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2004
    Pewee Valley, Ky.
    Could probably write a book. Father & son show up to hunt in 15 degrees weather. Yea we have heated pit but boy shows up in flip flops & shorts. Lead shot for both of their guns. Took lead back to truck & they asked where are the birds. Told em 11 or so before they will get up in this weather. An hour was enough for them, & they left.
    Game wardens swooped in checked everything, guns, bags, even drug pond with basket looking for corn. Nothing to find here & said they wanted to know how we kill so many geese, about that time lone honker drops in & gets shot. Guide or 2 in the area, figured they may have complained.
    Guy wanted to hunt & asked a few questions. Finally came out, shot his goose limit & I said your goose hunt is over. Zipped up his gun & said thanks you did everything right. Said he worked with F&W, don't know what capacity.
    Pulled into our field in the dark for snows in SEMO, noticed a pick up close by. Walked over guy was drunk telling me his wife & kids were no good & he was about done with it all. We talked for awhile, he left & I think about him every once in a while.
    One more, got permission on a hot square in Manitoba, loaded with snows, canadas & ducks. Muddy mess had to walk all gear in. Good shoot with 30 canadas 27 snows & 25 ducks. End of hunt & binoc gw waking in. He came out & helped us pack all our gear back to truck. On the way back my dog found a couple flyoffs that put us 2 over the Canada limit. He had us line them all up & count, said he was watching our hunt from a distance. No fines we were lucky, told us to enjoy our visit.
    None of these are funny, just strange how hunts can go.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019 at 6:15 AM
    HeadedWest and Bee like this.
  6. Brsutton86

Brsutton86 12 pointer

Sep 19, 2009
    Harrodsburg, KY
    I got 2 favorites.
    Had an owl swoop in and snag a mallard decoy right at shooting light from a in the woods. He got about 10 ft up as we could see the strap weight just out of the water when he ended up letting go, dropping it on other side of pond.

When I first started hunting my ex bro in law duck hunted so I went with him some. One of our first hunts we were leaving cedar creek lake. He spotted about 30 black ducks by the bank. He wanted one bad, he never shot one. We snuck in on our hands and knees 50 yards through buckbrush. Instead of counting to 3 like most professional water swatters, he shot without any warning. Proceded to say sorry I wanted to make sure I got one. I was a little ill but had just been on a few hunts so was like whatever. He ended up getting one and it ended up being a COOT! At the time I didnt realise how funny the situation was but after some experience it holds the #1 spot for laughter. I learned quickly he did all the things most waterfowlers hate others doing. :D

7. Bee

Bee 10 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    Too many to list...In some form or another Ive seen or experienced about everything described above....carry on. Always fun to hear these.

Brsutton86 likes this.
  8. travis_duckhunter

travis_duckhunter 10 pointer

Aug 16, 2007
    Owensboro, KY
    The funniest thing I ever did was live in Kentucky and decide to hunt ducks.

9. Giveem3outdoors

Jan 18, 2009
    ohio county ky
    We were hunting a little hole in the woods at Peabody years ago. Had some geese come right over the tree tops one of them sailed out into the woods. My buddy took off looking for it when a voice said it's over there. Some poor dude was deer hunting right beside the hole we didn't even know he was there. Buddy said it scared the crap out of him. Also had a duck dynasty type do a full blown stalk on our decoys at peabody once. We wait until he shouldered his gun to cut him loose. He never said a word just turned around and took off running.

10. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Hunting Geese in a corn field Southern Illinois. My buddy had a full cover alls with a hood. He had to go before we started putting out decoys. He took off to the woods in the dark. Little while later we heard him cussing. He came back with his cover alls off. He rolled them down. Did his business. CRAPPED IN THE HOOD Then put on his head.

11. Brsutton86

Brsutton86 12 pointer

Sep 19, 2009
    Harrodsburg, KY
    You win!

12. GroundPound

GroundPound 6 pointer

Dec 21, 2010
    Swamp Gulch
    Had a couple GW pull up to check us on the OH River. Their boat got hung up in mud and this dude with thigh high waders decides to jump off the boat and walk the 25 yards to the bankroll check us. He didn’t understand river mud and water went to his waist, screamed out like a baby, both arms went under, and he damn near fell. We laughed hard out loud, GW in the boat told us we were all going to jail for laughing. Guy finally made it to shore and was shaking so bad from freezing water he could barely talk. We didn’t go to jail.

13. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Same guy that crapped in his hood. We were hunting Mayfield Creek with the Polovick [spelling] Crew. Had a blind out in the middle of a big slew. We had to boat out to it. Get there you go under a roof and side to get in blind thru a door. We get in settled in. All at once he jumped up I GOT TO GO. Rolling his waders down running toward the door. Gets waders down pants long johns opens door sticks his butt out and let er flies. FILLED THE DAMN BOAT UP.

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  14. Giveem3outdoors

Jan 18, 2009
    ohio county ky
    You have alot of "shitty" hunting partners. Back in high school we used to coon hunt all the time. We were setting in a field on my farm listening to the dogs and my buddy had to go drop a load. He comes back and sets down next thing you know his old redbone is standing beside him. He rubbed him on the head. Then screamed this dogs got shit on it. that's my shit. I laughed till I dang near puked. still can't tell that story without laughing.

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  15. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Yep got millions of those stories. South Dakota trip. We had Chili the night before. Next morning drove across picked corn field to get to a water hole. I volunteered to drive truck back to the road 500 yards and park it. I had to go. NO COVER ANYWHERE but it was dark. So I ran down in this little ditch area about 100 yards from truck. Walked to guys and hunted. Well it came a rain while we were hunting. Which meant couldn't drive truck into field. So we had to pack everything 500 yards to truck. So the 4 of us gathered everything up looked like loaded pack Mules went to truck. Get to truck guys started looking for the Dogs. Yelled for them. 2 of them had rolled in my crap. One carrying the toilet paper.
    Ever had to hover in a flooded corn field??? YEP Had to go. So I get out of blind. Wade pretty good ways out into sanding corn. Get waders rolled right. Pants long johns just right. Do the hover holding on to a corn stalk. Corn stalk breaks off and backwards bare ass first into the water. THAT WAS COLD!!!!

FOWLER2671 and Giveem3outdoors like this.