Fun Fishing

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Redlined, May 1, 2021.

1. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenup, ky, USA.
    I don't fish much around here anymore. I have found that it's much more fun for me, to save my money, and spend it on trips to top notch fisheries. We fill the freezer with crappie or gills on a few local lakes but for having fun catching quality fish in any number we vacate the area.

2. Hunter carpenter

Hunter carpenter Fawn

Oct 7, 2019
    Fleming county ky.
    I love wade fishing turtle jugging and paylake fishing its the best I can stay all weekend at a paylake

3. Redlined

Redlined 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2005
    In The Tree Next To Ya
    Forgot about this. We used to fish the canal at Ky/Barkley and the Ohio when they would spawn. Slip bobber, and a gob of crawlers. It was sight fishing, running the bank with a trolling motor. Much like tossing a jig and pig. Flip to a likely spot, count to ten, if no takers reel in and repeat. Quick way to wear them out....

Nock and CRFmxracer like this.
  4. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    That sounds fun!

5. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Me and Jr are bee boppin around my home town hitting farm ponds this morning. He's finally mostly independent at 6yo, and having a blast. We already have the cooler damn near full of big bluegill and a few channel cats. Fun fishing at it's finest today. Little feller is holding his own, just gets mad as hell when one fins him lol. About to hit Bullitt County Super Market for some bologna sammiches and redworms, then we'll see how many fish the cooler will hold.

6. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    Just bored ridding in from the construction vessel we just did a crew change at. I used to love tournament fishing, well, let me try to get this out right. Different tournaments have different people fishing them. The local cobia tournaments used to be a lot of fun, usually the payouts and Calcuttas didn’t have a lot in them maybe 3-4K if you were lucky, those were fun days, 6-8 of us load up on somebody’s boat, sack of smoke, maybe a ball of candy, and just go spend the day lookin for a ling with your buddies right before snapper season got kicked off and we had to get serious.
    The big money kingfish and billfish tournaments were fun right up until you untied and headed offshore. Weeks of getting everything prepped and ready. Big money pots plus calcuttas, everything had to be perfect, we’ve taken the boat owners private plane out the day before the tournament to go scout for weedlines and color breaks. Billfishing in all reality is about as boring as watching paint dry,for the deckhand it’s hours and hours of trolling, staring at the water watching for the bite, shucking grass, adjusting lines so the lures are smoking and popping just right. Get a fish on and the angler in the chair constant instructions to the angler unless they are experienced, fish rolls up wire it up don’t f up, it’s just you and the fish, stick the gaff in the fish, drag it in the bag, ice it off run like hell for the dock. Could be 100k or more on the line. After the tournament everybody relaxes, time to get drunk and unwind, then get the boat clean. Good times