Full Metal Jacket dip

childersb24

8 pointer
Mar 25, 2010
I recently bought some MB 550’s and some full metal jacket to dip them in. I degreased my traps in the dish washer and let them sit outside for a few days before dipping. I was just wondering if any of you seasoned trappers have ever used this stuff before. It was a lot easier than dying and waxing. I hope it works like they say it does.

muddhunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2005
louisville
I recently bought some MB 550’s and some full metal jacket to dip them in. I degreased my traps in the dish washer and let them sit outside for a few days before dipping. I was just wondering if any of you seasoned trappers have ever used this stuff before. It was a lot easier than dying and waxing. I hope it works like they say it does.
I’ve used it. Like you said it’s a ton easier than dyeing and waxing and way more durable. The traps aren’t lightning quick like wax but I only catch the slow dumb ones anyway. I think I have missed some smart fox with those at times. Pan just seems a little less responsive on light footed critters.

woodsman92

10 pointer
Feb 16, 2019
Russell Co
I know some good trappers that swear by the stuff and use it exclusively. I bought some dipped my traps and then my traps started getting dug up where they weren’t getting dug up before. May be a coincidence, I don’t know, but it was enough to turn me away from it. I didn’t like the odor of it when I dipped them. Back to wax for me. If someone wants some full metal jacket I got the better part of a jug if you want to pick it up

Latest posts