Ft Wright deer is dead

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by CRFmxracer, Nov 5, 2020.

1. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    You are clearly correct. I would like to have seen the outcome if he did everything completely legal. Just saying.

2. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    we all know what we all want in terms of blatant poachers being punished. BUT, Ive see many inmates serve just a few years for manslaughter.. Just a couple years on serious drug charges etc.. Our system barely punishes hardened criminals for serious offenses... Poaching a deer is waaayyyyy down the list in the criminal justice system.. The only folks who care about poaching offenses are sportsmen, sadly thats just the way it is..

kyarcher, RLWEBB, Southpaw and 4 others like this.
  3. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    That is the thing about poaching a big buck. You have to lie every time you show the mount to someone. That would eat at me, and in no way would I enjoy it. With that said some feed off the attention, probably a mental illness or confidence thing. Just not the type of person i am.

RLWEBB, BootsOn27 and Tankt like this.
  4. Grago

Grago 10 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    I missed something here, i thought it was previously stated, he had left the buck and law enforcement , was waiting for someone to come claim the buck, this article says they confiscated it from a taxidermist .

riverboss likes this.
  5. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Still in the kitchen Ky
    NO JUSTICE NO PEACE

Jk

Junglekat and CRFmxracer like this.
  6. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Still in the kitchen Ky
    No he concealed the head and cape somewhere and took officers to it.. he had plans to take it to a taxi (probably on the hush to a friend but it wasnt at the taxi) the body was spoiled but officers still tried to donate it. No idea what the rumor was about it being staked out.

Grago likes this.
  7. Chimpy

Chimpy 8 pointer

Jun 29, 2004
    Wilder, ky, USA.
    So it seems my information from my friend's son, a nky cop, was nowhere close to being correct- my bad on that. Not that he misled me, but he was just wrong. I hate spreading false info. I'm glad he was caught. I will keep my mouth shut from now on!

CRFmxracer and carnivore like this.
  8. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    It happens people you trust get the wrong info from someone they trust, and on and on, somewhere it starts getting twisted.
    Just foolish to think he could get away with such a lie!
    It would be like having the Mona Lisa and not being able to tell anyone or show them.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  9. invasion36

invasion36 10 pointer

Aug 29, 2013
    Kenton Co
    Chimpy don’t feel bad. There was a lot of misleading info on this deer. For some reason I really took to this story and started doing a lot of reading and investigating after a few others had posted about cities having “ no hunting” ordinances. I learned a lot from all this and I too posted some false info unintentionally, somewhere either on here or facebook. But I also learned a great deal as well.

10. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I truly can’t imagine wanting to take credit for something you outright didn’t do. It’s sad people value themselves so little and need to lie in order to validate themselves

kyarcher and Tankt like this.
  11. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Ed,
    It's that big rack syndrome, it gets a man in trouble all the time.

riverboss likes this.
  12. Tankt

Tankt 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    On the ride to the farm opening morning I was telling my son about idling behind a 10 point buck on opening morning 10 yrs ago and 30 mins before daylight. He kept quiet but I could see the question on his mind.

I stopped...we were at the farm at this point...and looked at him "What are you going to tell people how you shot a deer like that? There is no honor in it." He paused for a second to let it sink in and shook his in acknowledgement.

13. BowHunter20

BowHunter20 6 pointer

Oct 15, 2014
    Ohio
    ^ That right there is funny as hell!!

14. Ezelkyhunter

Ezelkyhunter 8 pointer

Nov 28, 2013
    Don’t understand poaching any deer unless you are so hungry it’s your only ability to eat.

Did he actually “hunt” this deer? Seems not at all and if that’s true what the heck is the point. I go and watch the sunrise when I hunt for a heck of a lot of reasons other than just to shoot a deer.

Dont get it.

riverboss likes this.
  15. TFJR87

TFJR87 Fawn

Nov 24, 2015
    Been seeing pics of this deer on FB for years as I live in NKY. In my circles we referred to him at the Ft. Mitchell Legend. When I heard it was killed, my faith in humanity led me to believe that someone did it the right way seeing as how popular this deer was. You would have to be down right ignorant to poach this deer, and, think you could get away with it. Boy, what a let down. Damn shame.
    Rumors - Please try to be objective and think before spreading false information. It's hard enough to know what to believe these days with social media and news.