Ft. Knox Q&A

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by keith meador, Sep 22, 2009.

1. fireduck

fireduck 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2005
    Rineyville
    Area 59

Racktker and you guy's just letting you know 59 is burning right know. It started behind Lee pistol range and working down hill. Range hasn't cleared it for us to fighting it. Might help might hurt

2. 2518speck

2518speck Spike

Oct 6, 2007
    campbellsville, ky
    we got area 44 on the first weekend if you have any info on location or possibly a better map than the one they sent us please let me know. Thanks

3. bowmattb

bowmattb Fawn

Nov 12, 2009
    Lexington, KY
    Knox

I will be in Area 5 Thanksgiving weekend. I would appreciate any information you may have about Area 5. Thanks!

4. twitch

twitch Spike

Jan 15, 2006
    Rick, sorry bud but 59 is burning it is all the way down to Burcham uab site this afternoon at 5pm also 52 is starting to burn along with 116 plus some of the ranges that do not get hunted if we do not get some rain up here there will be alot more areas that are going to go up in smoke. I know alot of people will think it will mess up the hunt but it will bother you more than it does the deer they are used to it because it happens just about every other year.

5. Twitch,
    Thanks for the info. I remember some years ago when a burn turned a few particular oak ridges into deer magnets due to a late nut fall. I'll find some nook or cranny to hunt. All it will take is a hot doe and anything can happen.

6. 150PandY

150PandY BBBC Members

Sep 9, 2004
    Frankfort, KY, USA.
    Maybe it will push some deer to 56!!!

7. raktrakr

raktrakr Cyber-Hunter

Jan 20, 2002
    central ky
    C&P from previous post "Hunt between the tracks and the firebreak, somewhere in this vicinity."

37° 57' 58"N, 85° 58' 30"W

"Follow the road out past the radio tower to where the fire break starts.If you head down the firebreak a 1/4 mile or so theres some tank roads that head off into some thick brush. There's usually a lot of buck sign off those little roads.Also might want to check out the swampy/drain type low area in the center of the area."

8. wolverine1

wolverine1 12 pointer

Oct 19, 2004
    breckinridge county

I'll be bowhunting there in the morning...

9. 150PandY

150PandY BBBC Members

Sep 9, 2004
    Frankfort, KY, USA.
    Let me know how it goes and any suggestions on locations

10. Does anyone have any updated info on area 59 as far as how much it burnt. I'm really curious as to what we will be walking into on Sat. It could be utter chaos if a whole lot of it is burnt. I can invision several issues arrising. I plan on calling hunt control tomorrow to get an update.

Let me know if anyone has any insight, Twitch? K9trapper?

11. bub901

bub901 6 pointer

Nov 13, 2007
    Central Kentucky
    I don't have any answers Rick, just wanted to wish all of you good luck.
    59 is a great area.
    Hate to see this happen the week of your groups hunt.

12. soloman_23

soloman_23 6 pointer

May 24, 2007
    Wonder how the changes with effect?

All of the Armor schools at Knox is moving to Ft. Benning, and should be completed by August. I heard that Knox is going to turn into a human resource post. I was wondering how this is going to effect hunting or if any effect?

13. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    area 1

drawn area 1 last weekend . any info or suggestions on this area . Thanks

14. fireduck

fireduck 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2005
    Rineyville
    It burnt down to burkman range. Everything behing Lee down to there is burnt. The rain will help.

15. fireduck,

Thanks for the info. Have any idea if it crossed the main hollow?