Ft Knox Q&A here

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by raktrakr, Oct 30, 2008.

1. kyhunter24

kyhunter24 Spike

Dec 11, 2008
    Radcliff
    Area 45

Has anyone hunted area 45 this year? I havent been in a few years but have taken a few nice bucks out of there. A 8 point in 97 and a 10 point in 03.

2. Bigspringhunter07

Bigspringhunter07 8 pointer

Dec 12, 2007
    Breckinridge co.
    Some of my best times had afield were hunting ft.knox I was fortunate a few yrs back to meet and assist a soldier that was diagnosed with lukemia..Carl and myself became great friends we first met in area 15 .Then hunted a couple times in area 13..My buddy passed away in 2000 ..I've also be fortunate to meet up ,become friends and hunt with
    potent40cal. a member here..we also me up and hunt at knox..So not only do you have the chance of taking a great buck but you stand a great chance of meeting a new hunting buddy..

3. killer

killer 12 pointer

May 7, 2004
    "In that good way!"
    Can you use a Muzzle loader at fort knox, or is it slug gun only?

4. WhiteRubi

WhiteRubi 12 pointer

Apr 13, 2005
    Richmond
    You can use a muzzleloader. Any of the modern inline's with the exception of MAYBE the Electra. You are limited to 10 primers, 10 bullets, and 10 powder charges of no more than 100 grains.

5. You can use the elektra at Ft. Knox you just have to remove the 9-volt battery to consider it unloaded.