Frost Advisory

Seems a little early doesn't it? We are normally taking bets on which day in October will see the first frost.
I know it's patchy but good enough to keep the skeeters away for a morning hunt.
I’ve never heard of frost in September in my life. It was 46 here, cool but a ways from frost. October 20 is about as early as it usually frosts here, into November some years.

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
Thermometer up here at the house was showing 38 this morning but there was frost down in the bottom behind us which is always cooler. You could see it & it was enough to take out my last zucchini plant. :-(

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Nothing on the windshield. Saw some in low areas in fields on the commute. A little on the rooftops. Pretty early for any type of frost really. At least from what I remember.

Ask BG how hot-natured I am lol. Everyone huddled around a wood stove rubbing their hands trying to get warm while I am casually walking around outside in shorts and hoodie🤣
I’m an anomaly of sorts I reckon. I don’t get hot until it’s time to go to bed and then I’ll climb in and get under the covers, sometimes even a little cool at first. Within a few minutes I’ll be sweating head to toe if ain’t low 60s or less and have been like that as long as I can remember. Window goes up in winter anytime low temp approaches the 50s. My ex-wife wanted it upper 70s to sleep, EX-wife lol.

Latest posts