freedom lake in etown

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by yote hunter, Apr 26, 2009.

1. yote hunter

yote hunter 12 pointer

Oct 30, 2004
    bullitt county
    any body ever fish it ?hows the bluegill population?

2. justwannafish

justwannafish 6 pointer

Mar 26, 2009
    louisville, ky
    Never heard of Freedom lake. Did you mean Feeman lake?

3. ITS freeman LAKE!!! What spot is good to fish at? BY the start of the walking path on ring rd side???

4. nwest

nwest 12 pointer

Around the trees on that end is pretty good when the water temp comes up a little more. The small ponds on the end have some nice Gills in em

5. Redlined

Redlined 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2005
    In The Tree Next To Ya
    The fish populations are not near what they were before it was drained. Prior to being drained, it was a killer lake for bluegill and crappie.There are bluegill present, but the size and quantity are definately lacking. If you're looking for a good bluegill lake in the Hardin County area, I'd suggest Lower Douglas on Ft. Knox. You'll have to have a Knox fishing permit, but it will be cheaper than an Elizabethtown City fishing permit ($20). Hope this helps :).........

6. justwannafish

justwannafish 6 pointer

Mar 26, 2009
    louisville, ky
    Feeman Lake??

If it is freeman lake you are talking about, it is overrun with little bitty white crappie. Can't imagine the bluegill being any better, but have seen some pictures at the launch site of some big ones. 5 dollars a day permit, or 20 dollars for the year. Trolling motor only lake, and it is always seems to be extremely windy.:mad: They have some pretty good bass, and no limit on crappie being that they are trying to quit the stunted growth of them because their are just too many. You could catch one with a plain hook I believe.

7. TRAILMASTER

TRAILMASTER 8 pointer

Feb 12, 2004
    Nelson, Co.
    You have to buy a permit to bank fish Freeman? I would understand a launch fee for boat.

Nothing free man about freeman!

8. permit??

YEAH why do you have to buy a permit to fish there? how much is it? SO are there alot of cities if they have a lake you gotta buy a permit?

9. justwannafish

justwannafish 6 pointer

Mar 26, 2009
    louisville, ky

10. Redlined

Redlined 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2005
    In The Tree Next To Ya
    If you fish Feeeman from a boat or bank you have to purchase an Elizabethtown city fishing permit. It's $20 annually, I don't know what a day permit costs, but I do know they are avalable. Kids under 16 can fish without a permit.