Four Paws captures an entire litter of coyotes

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by possumal, Apr 21, 2013.

1. possumal

possumal 10 pointer

Jun 21, 2007
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    Four Paws responded to a help call from a farmer this a.m., and ended up capturing an entire litter of coyote pups. There were 5 males and 2 females, with one female really marked special with 4 white paws and a white tip on here tail. There may have been one more pup, but if so, the mother drug it further back into the den. Here is a picture of the pups, with their eyes still shut: [​IMG]

2. DJONES

DJONES 6 pointer

Jun 9, 2010
    Meade County, Kentucky
    Possumal, what are the plans with the pups?

3. possumal

possumal 10 pointer

Jun 21, 2007
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    As posted by Four Paws on another site:

Removed at request of farm owner to be euthanized, stuffed, & mounted with mother. He's been losing the calves so I guess he's earned it. Interesting to say the least. Should make a great mount

4. B Hicks

B Hicks 12 pointer

Sep 29, 2006
    Lancaster, KY
    Cool. Now that's a mount your not likely to see again.

5. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Great Post Possumal, Thanks
    I should be out looking for some, but I ain't been out for a couple months.

6. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    Man, that's hard to swallow for me. All I see is "puppies" yet I do realize they are coyotes and what needs to be done with them. I'm just glad I'm not the trigger man. I have shot 2-3 of my own pups that had worms and were already stiff but somehow were still moaning to put them out of their misery. This would be hard for me.

But like I said, nothing against you for doing what needs to be done.

7. possumal

possumal 10 pointer

Jun 21, 2007
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    Well, it is/was up to the land owner, and the vet will be the "Trigger man".

8. rather-b-huntn

rather-b-huntn 10 pointer

Wouldn't take much to strangle them little fellars with your hands. Would save a vet bill.

9. DJONES

DJONES 6 pointer

Jun 9, 2010
    Meade County, Kentucky
    Them puppies will grow up and kill deer, turkey, calves etc. They won't be cute for long. Dave

10. FRUlery

FRUlery Spike

Nov 1, 2011
    Louisville
    Yes, gotta take care of business. Yotes are a definite threat to our deer herd and turkey. Domestic stock does not have much chance against them, either.

11. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I bet they would be tender. :eek:

12. possumal

possumal 10 pointer

Jun 21, 2007
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    One piece of advice I would give to any of you newer coyote hunters is to never let any landowners think you care more about coyotes or their pups than you do their livestock. If you are serious about acquiring a lot of land to hunt, they have to feel you put their interests first.

13. CKYoutdoors

CKYoutdoors 6 pointer

Nov 30, 2011
    I have no clue about this, but since they were found so young, would they do well as pets? Seems to me that they would grow up just like a dog if somebody wanted one.

14. skin_dog1

skin_dog1 BBBC Members

We've discussed this on here before and while I love wildlife and am quite tender hearted when it comes to most animals (house cats excluded), I wouldnt hesitate to put a boot heel to their necks. There will be plenty more survive to replace these. I can't imagine the number of turkeys, nests, and fawns those little suckers will eat in a lifetime!