Fort Knox Youth Deer Hunt this weekend

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by ksmith, Oct 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ksmith

ksmith Fawn

Jul 28, 2009
    Haleiwa, Hawaii
    I did a bunch of hustling this last week to get my shotgun registered in Fort Knox so that my son could participate in this weekends youth gun hunt. So I’m heading up there tomorrow from Fort Campbell to scout out a couple areas.
    Being a new soldier to the area, Question for the experienced:
    What area would y’all recommend for us to go in blind and hunt? I appreciate it and wish y’all the best of luck this season.

2. jeffcojoe

jeffcojoe 6 pointer

If you have created an Isportsman account, the open areas are listed under the Hunting Area Forecast for Saturday and Sunday. The upper 80s are good and anything bordering the area of 114 (Cedar Creek) is decent. Pretty hilly back in there though. Look for any bench on the side of a hill with white oaks and sit for a spell.

3. Grago

Grago 10 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    I dont know anything, about Ft Knox, but i live about 40 minutes, from Ft Campbell , used to deer and turkey hunt there a lot. Welcome to the area , and thanks for your service , to our country, and good luck to your son

jblack1, CRFmxracer and RLWEBB like this.
  4. ksmith

ksmith Fawn

Jul 28, 2009
    Haleiwa, Hawaii
    Thank you. I’ll see what pops up on iSportsman.

Grago likes this.
  5. ksmith

ksmith Fawn

Jul 28, 2009
    Haleiwa, Hawaii
    Thank you

Grago likes this.
  6. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    Good luck ! Buddy of mine will have his son in 86A.

7. Teach Deer

Teach Deer 8 pointer

Aug 4, 2013
    Georgetown
    I have not hunted on Knox since they changed the gun registration to in person...I simply live too far away and have too little time to fool with that non-sense...I love hunting Knox and was quite willing to mail in my registration but there is a limit...

I would be happy to discuss the different areas I have hunted...some changes are always occurring but I did have some favorite spots...

8. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    You youth hunters seeing any movement today, somebody give us an update. Good luck.

RLWEBB likes this.
  9. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Yep, good luck to all!

10. Chilly

Chilly 12 pointer

Its been a sloooowwww morning. Hunted an area that has not been open for anything all year. Never even seen a track. Acorns everywhere. No deer sign anywhere. Re-located to a different area for the afternoon sit. Good luck to all!

jblack1 and Grago like this.
  11. Grago

Grago 10 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    Good luck to all of you , good day to hunt weather wise at least here anyway.

12. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    Any movement at Knox today boys?

13. slicked-it

slicked-it 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2008
    My youngest son killed a doe Saturday evening. Shot her at 5:57pm. First deer we'd seen all day. Went back for an evening sit on Sunday with my other son and we blanked. Heard it was slow all weekend and heard very little shooting (that wasn't training related :)

Very appreciative of the folks that make this hunt happen. Hunt Control, area guides, game wardens......they all work hard to make it an enjoyable hunt. Grateful for the opportunity.

rockhousehunter, Grago and RLWEBB like this.
  14. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Congrats to you all. Sadly, gratitude seems to be undervalued these days but obviously not by you.

15. Grago

Grago 10 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    Congr,atulations, a lot of time left just now starting to get good.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    slicked-it likes this.