Fort Knox question and answer thread

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by keith meador, Jul 20, 2014.

1. kentuckyoutdoorsman

kentuckyoutdoorsman 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2011
    shepherdsville
    Couple decent bucks and a few does killed first weekend. I don't think there was a single deer killed te second weekend

2. kenbuckyblu

kenbuckyblu 6 pointer

Sep 23, 2008
    Lebanon Junction
    ? The website does specifically tell you that info. You can hunt in those areas, when they are open, if you are deer hunting you can use , shotgun or BP, or archery depending on which season is open. areas dont have specific restrictions, all areas are the same. Just depends on what season is open, ie: gun (quota or early), archery, or BP, or small game or turkey. Who can hunt anywhere is dictated by the Tier system, which is explained on the site.

3. core-lokt

core-lokt Fawn

Nov 2, 2006
    Any info on Area 84? Would like to maximize my scouting time if I'm able to scout the area on Friday. Feel free to pm me if you'd like. Thanks.

4. Valley Station

Valley Station Cyber-Hunter

Area 84 is open for scouting Friday. 2nd phase of the rutt, should be kickin' in about now.

5. core-lokt

core-lokt Fawn

Nov 2, 2006
    Thanks, Valley Station.

6. Jde

Jde 6 pointer

Oct 9, 2013
    Anyone going to 95/96 this weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Teach Deer

Teach Deer 6 pointer

Aug 4, 2013
    Georgetown
    Sent you a PM... Area 11 also has a facebook page...and I placed some pictures on a page of the area (not just dead deer)...

8. mallardkiller

mallardkiller 8 pointer

Dec 27, 2008
    KY
    Found a big salt lick and food plot in area 52 today.

9. dakota

dakota Fawn

Nov 30, 2008
    Rineyville Kentucky
    A lot of deer were moving tonight. The unit shooting Heins Range saw several moving into the impact area. This area is by 115. The unit will being shooting machine guns all day tomorrow an into the night. They are schedule thru sunday.

10. sgjager

sgjager Spike

Oct 25, 2010
    Harned Ky
    Any information on late season hunting on Fort knox looking for information on area 7 and 8

11. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    7 open for gun, 8 for bow......next several days.

12. Uscnoklahoma

Uscnoklahoma 6 pointer

Nov 12, 2013
    SC
    Knox can drive you crazy..once you figure out an area its closed for the year and then you have to start from scratch again! Been waiting on 81 to come open again and it hasn't. Finally figured out 84A and killed a doe two weeks ago and now the only area I've hunted that is open is 90A which I have heard is heavily poached, which I don't know if its true or not. Definitely helps to live near Knox! Anyone got anything on 37, 7-11, 17, 30, 30A, 32, 58, 82, 84, 85, or 90? Just want to know about deer population, how heavily hunted and browse. Not looking for specific sites unless you volunteer via pm.

13. Crossbow Hunter

Crossbow Hunter 6 pointer

Jun 23, 2014
    Here and There