Fort Knox question and answer thread

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by keith meador, Jul 20, 2014.

1. mbdffemt

mbdffemt Fawn

Nov 7, 2012
    Does anyone have info on area 35? And is it a good hunt for the December 6, & 7 hunt? Any info would be great thanks.

2. K9trapper

K9trapper 12 pointer

Dec 7, 2006
    Only half of the area was open last wknd. They were landing helicopters on the pads near Chappell Ridge Rd. It's a good area, several deer in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Jde

Jde 6 pointer

Oct 9, 2013
    I got 95&96 for third weekend, anyone ever seen any good deer come out of those areas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. kenbuckyblu

kenbuckyblu 6 pointer

Sep 23, 2008
    Lebanon Junction
    I dont quota hunt that area, but i have bowhunted in there 1 day and scouted another day this year, 2 of us saw 8 deer between us, and lots of sign. Great area and i wish i had gone in there more this year.

5. Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter 8 pointer

Sep 29, 2013
    Well I am here at Fort Knox again me and my wife were going to be hunting 34 in the mourning found some good sign got our stands up pumped up can't wait to get in there in the mourning it will be new moon day so maybe they will move good luck to everone who is going to be in there and be safe.

6. bigbuckstalker

bigbuckstalker Fawn

Nov 7, 2012
    knox county
    I have area 113 yano december hunt anyone care to share any info? Not looking for someone to point out a tree to climb just maybe a general area and how much pressure the whole area has had? How many do they draw for that area because it appears to be a large area?

7. jeitutis

jeitutis 6 pointer

Aug 22, 2005
    In the woods somewhere
    its a large tank range. A lot of ground but not a lot of it is huntable.

Down each side...middle range is off limits.

8. bigbuckstalker

bigbuckstalker Fawn

Nov 7, 2012
    knox county
    O ok did not realize the middle was off limits. Any idea how much it has been hunted and how many they draw for the hunts?

9. Scoony

Scoony 6 pointer

Nov 7, 2003
    Radcliff
    Was in 45 this morning. Set up 100 yards past a series of scrapes hoping the buck would come through a certain way. Well about 0830 I turned around towards the scrapes and saw a deer hanging around but 100 yards through the trees was way too far to see him good and no shot. He came from a different direction then I had anticipated. Later when I walked out to the truck, I jumped a nice buck that was directly across the road from my truck. Not sure, but may have been the same deer as the new fence they put in down there creates a funnel and he could have easily gotten there from the scrapes. Who ever left a tree stand back there, should have been up in it today, that buck must have went right past it.

Later I walked up on a dead fawn thinking that someone shot a button buck and didn't want to claim it. Got 10 feet away when it jumped up with a dazed look on its face and trotted off. Never saw a deer completely laid out like that.

10. jeitutis

jeitutis 6 pointer

Aug 22, 2005
    In the woods somewhere
    PM sent to you

11. Dreamhunter

Dreamhunter 8 pointer

Sep 29, 2013
    I hunted 34 today killed a good eight pointer seen 3 more bucks small ones anyone see any rutting going on these deer I seen was sneaking to a thicket had a little luck today on knox.big thanks to our guides for be very nice going back in the mourning my wife is going to try to get one I am going for a doe good luck everone.

12. jeitutis

jeitutis 6 pointer

Aug 22, 2005
    In the woods somewhere
    I shot a solid 8 last Sunday. Saw same deer with a doe on Sat but hung up in a thicket. He came rolling by at 30 yards on Sunday and took a 20 gauge slug to the pump station.
    Rut was in full swing last weekend. Lots of bucks cruising and looking. Buddy shot a big bodied 125" 8 pt as well.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  13. Bigspringhunter07

Bigspringhunter07 8 pointer

Dec 12, 2007
    Breckinridge co.
    Great hunt in area 1 the last 2 weekends.. thanks to the area guides they were great .. i shot a good buck on sat. and he got away from me the area guide came down and helped me track him .We jumped him twice with no shot opportunity. Seen several deer during my 2 weekends..

14. Madco

Madco Spike

Dec 6, 2010
    Richmond, KY
    My son got a 9 pointer in 40 on Saturday. Great buncha guides. Explained the area boundaries well and were just good fellas. They also had area 39. Said some guy shot an 8 that was 23-24 inches wide on Sunday. He and his buddies went tracking it WITHOUT their guns and saw it staggering around. Buncha "rookies"... If they woulda had guns they coulda got another shot! Never found it! They also left early! I woulda looked until they ran me out for one that big! Oh well!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  15. fastflight

fastflight Fawn

Nov 24, 2009
    Dale hollow
    Looking for any info abt area 73 got drawed for dec hunt never hunted it before