Fort Knox question and answer thread

kcbrown

8 pointer
Oct 27, 2006
Dad was a partly leader for 40 years and I helped the past 15 or so. We gave it up this year. The " area guide" is out of line if he tells you anything other than what the standard rules are or special restrictions within an area. He is there to help if needed and make sure everyone gets signed in and out and the area is clear at the end of the day. That's pretty much it, if they get telling you anything otherwise you need to let Hunt Control know.

Dreamhunter

10 pointer
Sep 29, 2013
Hey me and my wife drawed area 12 two or three years ago it was a good area seen a couple bucks and does it was a tank training area when we hunted it don't know if it is now or not we couldn't scout it the day before it was closed.they killed a 14 pointer that first day.should have a good hunt.

K9trapper

12 pointer
Dec 7, 2006
couple good bucks killed in 52. heard there was a 155-165 class buck killed in 14 this weekend

That was Saturday. They killed another 150" 10 pt in 14 on Sunday. Not many hunters this weekend. A few areas were closed due to training so should be busier next wknd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigPete

10 pointer
Sep 7, 2007
Whitesburg, KY
I'd like to thank the guides of Area #2, they were SUPERB! Down to earth, SUPER friendly, explained the boundaries well. They were not on any sort of power trip, told us to call them if we needed help getting a deer out.

We had a successful hunt with 3 deer killed from our group, I wish I could get drawn for Area #2 every time we went to Fort Knox because of the area itself and the friendly guides!

K9trapper

12 pointer
Dec 7, 2006
Any info on Area 40. Got it Nov. 22 and 23. Any good places to stay in Shepardsvile?

I talked with the guide there and think he said 6-7 deer killed on Sat, none on Sun. There's a few hotels in Shepherdsville, about 10-15 min drive to the area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeitutis

6 pointer
Aug 22, 2005
In the woods somewhere
I grew up hunting Fort Knox many years ago...shot my first deer there and still hunt it today.

Party Leaders are not guides--you can hunt where you dang well please in the area you are drawn for.

Some party leaders do let others know where everybody is hunting to reduce the number of guys walking in on each other and potentially messing up the little time you get to gun hunt.

Bottom line is you can hunt in any part of the area you are drawn for--party leaders should not be telling you where you can and cannot hunt, etc. You are bound by the rules you get from Fort Knox--period. Anything above and beyond that is junk and they should be reported.

Latest posts