Fort Knox question and answer thread

rockhousehunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2013
Salyersville, Ky
Heading down today to bow hunt Wednesday evening, Thursday and Friday morning. Do you knowledgeable guys have any advice for us going in, as to what areas to focus on. Maybe areas that haven't been gun hunted or any information on what areas to look at would be a great help. We've not bow hunted Knox in a few years and it seems there are several areas open now. Thx in advance guy.

Monster01

8 pointer
Dec 9, 2013
What time does hunt control open? I'm tier 4 and need to know what time to get there to check into an area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcooper

6 pointer
Oct 27, 2012
Elizabethtown
It's also posted on the ft Knox website what will be open this weekend. Pretty much all the areas have been gun hunted at some point this year. Good luck

Shedhunter4011

8 pointer
Apr 7, 2009
Up a Tree
If you havent hunted Knox in a few years you might want to venture over to: http://www.knox.army.mil/garrison/dpw/emd/huntctrl/documents.aspx and read up on all the changes that have teken place in the last couple of years.

With alot the areas open this weekend, that have not been opened due to training or other factors, it's going to be interesting to see how many people will be lined up at the door come friday morning.

Last edited:

rockhousehunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2013
Salyersville, Ky
I'm not hunting the weekend just this week Wed-Fri. We got drawn for Nov. 8th and 9th but there wasn't any way I was giving up gun opener to bow hunt down there. Just wanted some opinions on what some areas were to try to get us focused in on a place on the map.

ancienthunter

8 pointer
Dec 25, 2011
Over the Hill
What time does hunt control open? I'm tier 4 and need to know what time to get there to check into an area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opens at 10:00 on Monday and Wednesday, opens at 9:00 Thursday thru Sunday, you can sign in two hours after they open, which is being strictly enforced this year

jcooper

6 pointer
Oct 27, 2012
Elizabethtown
Just picked up my packet from HC. Drew area 22 the first two weekends. The packets are getting mailed out today. Anyone have any info on 22 never hunted it

Latest posts