Fort Knox question and answer thread

Oct 18, 2009
I've been trying all day off and on to access the website. I cannot get it to open... It says webpage not found and I have had it saved in my favorites for quite some time...

I've been trying for about a week and a half and can't get it to open either.

Apr 24, 2012
Man, the deer hunting at Knox has deteriorated. I have been hunting at Knox since 1980. The last five years or so have been about the worst I have seen. Only saw five deer this weekend between myself, my wife and my son and the two bucks were just a spike and a forkhorn.

I traveled from out of state and hunted at Fort Knox a couple of weeks ago. Probably one of the most difficult hunting trips I have been on in a while. I was not overly impressed with the whole operation and management of the hunt at Fort Knox. The process of signing in for areas was confusing and difficult depending on being in certain categories and when they can sign up for areas. The closing and opening of areas was confusing as well. By the time you get to know what the deer are doing in an area then it closes or it is filled for the following day because you decided to sit and hunt all morning. I beleive that Fort Knox has some really good hunting land and some quality deer but the management personnel leaves something to be desired. You have to be out of the woods by 6:00 pm and check out by 7:00 pm. I managed to take a legal buck the last 30 minutes of light on my evening hunt and by the time I found the deer, hauled it to my truck and drove to Hunt Control Office it was a few minutes past 7:00 pm. I had to listen to the jerk at Hunt Control complain about people coming in after hours with deer that was preventing him from getting off work on time. He was not helpful at all considering this was my first time of hunting on Fort Knox.

Last edited:

Chilly

12 pointer
Nov 18, 2009
Under a tree and looking up!!!
It is what it is!!! It is an opportunity for a quality bonus deer regardless of what kind of hoops you are required to jump through. The more you hunt there the easier it will get for you. If it was your first time, you should have not expected it to be a cake walk.... It is not a guided hunt!! Hunting is not the number one priority for the military.
Welcome to the forum!

kenbuckyblu

6 pointer
Sep 23, 2008
Lebanon Junction
Area 3 Deer

FT Knox 12 ptr 4 Nov 12 016.jpg

I took this deer from Knox, area 3, but not in the quota hunt, it was back on Sunday afternoon 4 Nov, came from 200 yards to the grunt call. Im a Tier 2 hunter, so you know. He was 21 in wide, 12 points, dressed 160. Ran and Dropped in the deepest ravine around, took us 2 hours to get out to the truck. But it was worth it.

Apr 24, 2012
I took this deer from Knox, area 3, but not in the quota hunt, it was back on Sunday afternoon 4 Nov, came from 200 yards to the grunt call. Im a Tier 2 hunter, so you know. He was 21 in wide, 12 points, dressed 160. Ran and Dropped in the deepest ravine around, took us 2 hours to get out to the truck. But it was worth it.[/QUOTE]

Area 3, then it was a gun hunt kill. I beleive I heard your shot. I was hunting area 5 at that time. Nice buck

Last edited:

1sttop

6 pointer
Jun 29, 2007
Flaherty, KY
That is the ugliest thing I've ever seen

I took this deer from Knox, area 3, but not in the quota hunt, it was back on Sunday afternoon 4 Nov, came from 200 yards to the grunt call. Im a Tier 2 hunter, so you know. He was 21 in wide, 12 points, dressed 160. Ran and Dropped in the deepest ravine around, took us 2 hours to get out to the truck. But it was worth it.[/QUOTE]

Latest posts