Fort Campbell

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by columbia whitetail, Oct 7, 2016.

1. columbia whitetail

columbia whitetail 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2009
    columbia
    A couple buddies and I are considering a trip to Fort Campbell next year instead of Fort Knox. Can anyone give me info on the process it takes to do this. Not really wanting anyone's special place just guidance. You can text me if you would like. 2706342014. My name is Patrick.

2. revwilder

revwilder Spike

Aug 6, 2011
    Mt Vernon
    I used to live in Hopkinsville, and I think Ft. Campbell to me is very difficult to get on, because there is not a quota hunt and there are a lot of soldiers who get first pick of the unit they want to hunt.

Process, is you have to register with the MWR on post, get an ID and then you have to call in a couple of days before the day you want to hunt. You don't get to start calling till like 10am or something, while the soldiers get to start calling at 8am. It is first come, first served. You call in on like the telecheck and punch in the number of the places that you want, but if the unit is full you are finished, you can't keep picking numbers. You can call back, but there are other people who want those spots too.

Not saying you can't get on, but there are a lot of soldiers on post nowadays and it can be difficult. There are a ton of deer there. I believe one behind every tree, lol. They are everywhere, so there isn't really a bad spot, but thicker is better when it comes to the big deer.

3. EarlyBird1

EarlyBird1 8 pointer

Aug 4, 2014
    SouthCentral KY
    What he said. You will find FC very frustrating to hunt as a civilian and as great as the hunting is there it really isn't worth the hassle unless you have no choice and plenty of free time to chase it. You will find yourself stuck with the worst areas over and over if you get anything at all. At least that was my experience when I hunted it years ago and everything I hear is that it has only gotten worse as more and more soldiers are hunting.

4. columbia whitetail

columbia whitetail 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2009
    columbia
    That's enough to to tell me that we will rule that out. Thanks for the info