Forecast for Rifle Season

rockhousehunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2013
West Liberty, Ky
No, about 2-3" of snow feels right to me in gun season. Nothing like deer hunting when the ground is white.
No, a clear frosty morning were I can hear a deer coming from 300 yards away is what I like, no precip. I like to hear that unmistakeable sound of a bucks walk through the leaves and most precip. days don't allow that.

rockhousehunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2013
West Liberty, Ky
Understood. That's my second favorite.

The downside is that it also makes every squirrel sound like a Booner.
Hahahaha, you're right. I was at Knox one morning and squirrels kept my head on a swivel on untold numerous occasions. Well after a few hours I tuned them out until it just wouldn't stop making a thrashing noise. I turned around and a nice 10 point was shredding a tree about 40 yards from me lol. I couldn't get turned on him because I let him walk right up on me, he bolted and I said a couple nasty words lol.

shaman

10 pointer
Screenshot from 2021-10-29 15-49-12.png.jpg

Here's the updated forecast for most of Rifle Season including the Opener. We have mostly an Even Chance of normal temperature and precipitation.

shaman

10 pointer
Wunderground.com has a forecast for The Opener. If you dig for it you can find it. Go to the 10-day forecast for your location, click on the last day shown. That brings up the Hourly Forecast for that day and then hit the little black right arrow to advance. There's more days there. Right now, you can advance all the way to 0400 on Sunday 11/14

The outlook for the Greater Neave/Browningsville Metroplex is as follows:
Friday: Cloudy and mild after early morning showers. The 6 PM temp will be 50F
Saturday: After a low of 39 at 0600, there is a chance of rain before 0900. It will be mostly cloudy during the day. The High will be 52. Towards sundown there is a chance of rain that lasts until the early evening. Winds will be out of the SW with afternoon winds reaching 9MPH.

For those skeptics, I do not put a whole lot of confidence in this forecast. One thing you realize after a bit of watching is that these forecasts are very twitchy. Things like rain show up and disappear every time the forecast is updated. The only thing we can really glean at this point is that rain is a possibility for The Opener, and that it is not going to be a big multi-day event like the one most of us are enjoying right now. Also, the wind direction is probably accurate: Southwest, and it is not going to be a significant factor-- nobody is going to blown out of the stand. The temps are also probably close to reality. 39/52 is on the high side of seasonable.

The other thing is this is a very local forecast. I looked at Greater Cincinnati's Airport's forecast for comparison. KCVG shows no morning rain.

Latest posts