Forecast for Rifle Season

mudhole crossing

12 pointer
Aug 20, 2007
East ky
The cooler it is the more they have to feed to stay warm. I think they just get on their feet more.
Don’t get me wrong I like a cold frosty morning, a snowy day, a light drizzle. But just cause it’s milder than norm won’t keep me in the bed. Far as moving to stay warm I think that would qualify for a morenorthern state like Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, northern Illinois and Indiana.

Meatstick

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2013
Washington County
Don’t get me wrong I like a cold frosty morning, a snowy day, a light drizzle. But just cause it’s milder than norm won’t keep me in the bed. Far as moving to stay warm I think that would qualify for a morenorthern state like Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, northern Illinois and Indiana.
Yessir. If it's November, hunt as much as you can. It's as simple as that. Especially those few weeks we get to pack the Equalizer (rifle.)

Last edited:

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
Last week 3 bucks showed up on camera and chased some does around my place for 2 days, did a camera check today all doe not one buck, I moved 1 camera to a scrap in the edge of my clover field to see what's hitting it.

shaman

10 pointer
They can't tell you what it's going to do a week from now. I certainly don't put any stock in a 90 day forecast.

Actually the 90-day products from the CPC are one of the more accurate products I've seen. You're right: It's hard to say what it going to be doing exactly a week from now. However, if you look at a 90-day outlook, what it is saying is not "Here's what the weather is going to be exactly 90 days from now." Instead, it is giving you an estimate of what is it going to be over the whole 90-day period.

In this case, well, here's a complete explanation of what's probably ahead:

https://www.noaa.gov/news-release/u...mer-south-wetter-north-with-return-of-la-nina

Last year, we had pretty much the same forecast and pretty much the same result. January was warm and rainy. February had a bunch of snow and it got cold. However, the average for both months was warmer and wetter than usual.

shaman

10 pointer
Here is a site I just found.

https://www.30dayweather.com/en/d/united-states/kentucky/cynthiana/

If you put in Brooksville, KY, it says we're going to get drowned on The Opener as well as the 2nd Weekend. If you bring up Cincinnati or Cynthiana, it's not so bad. I'm not recommending this site, but it might bear watching. If it is accurate, it would be the first site I've found that gave accurate forecasts with this much granularity.

Latest posts