Ford Trucks

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by trapper perry, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    The hunting for gears makes sense. Heck my 16’ Tacoma has a 6 speed and took about 3-4K miles for the transmission to smooth out. Now at 42,000 it’s shifts great.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  2. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I saw the prototype at the Chicago Auto show a couple years ago. Bad A$$ truck with the diesel.

riverboss likes this.
  3. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.
    I drive a 10 speed eco everyday as a work truck . When I purchased my last personal truck I seriously considered Ford . After driving this one daily I'm very glad I didn't buy one. It has lots of power when you floor it and wind the turbos up but other than that it seems weak and constantly shifting and shuddering . The lay out inside is just not for me as everything just seems layed out in an uncomfortable fashion. After putting three sets of wipers on it they still suck and jump across the window in 6" increments . The very best mpg I've been able to get babying it is 19 which isn't very impressive to me at all . My personal truck beats it in every catagory.

4. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    The Colorado's ride like a horse buggy. Horrid!

5. wv67

wv67 10 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    Go get a used Toyota certified , 100,000 mile warranty on all certified Toyota’s , My son has a 2015 f 150 with the 5.0 and it will get up and go when ya want it to no complaints has 80,000 no problems of yet it’s a STX it’s all what ya like , I prefer older and sink a few thousand in em get em good and right still cheaper I don’t care for the new ones , style etc and 40,000 grand is ignorant

00noturkey and FOWLER2671 like this.
  6. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    I'd like to have a brand new, bout '95 F150 with stick. Now there's a good looking reliable truck. How old do you have to be to start saying they dont make em like they used to?? :D

mac0492, FOWLER2671 and Munson like this.
  7. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Can’t speak for the Fords... never owned one ... but I’ve got a 2018 GMC Sierra crew cab Z71.... has the 5.3 v-8 with the 8 speed transmission and active fuel management. I’ve had it a tad over a year now ... bought new.

To me... i notice the shifts a little when I first bought it .. like 1st to 2nd then 3rd when your coming from a dead stop...but from that point on the shifts are smooth as butter. Guess I’ve gotten use to it now as I don’t pay any attention to it now.

Which overall it gets the best fuel mileage of any truck I’ve owned. It don’t seem short on power and fact being it’s got a really smooth ride and quiet as all get out in the cab.... you have to watch as you’ll be going 65 or 70 mph and not realize it.

8. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Just the opposite for me. I went from a 2006 Sierra to a 2013 F150. The ride was so much better, fuel mileage better, and the Sierra V8 didn't have near the power the Ecoboost has. As for shifting, I've never noticed either one of them. Both smooth as silk. Big difference in turning radius. The Ford turns much sharper than the Sierra did. I liked the Sierra, but I like the Ford much more.

mac0492 and drakeshooter like this.
  9. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Are you talking the old body style or the new one?
    The older square body's road like the old Tacoma's! Stiff as rail road tracks, the new ones seem to be a lot better and are perfect in size.
    I'm not much on new vehicals but if I ever do buy one it will be this truck with the standard transmission.

10. Tufrthnails

Tufrthnails 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2014
    Lakeland, FL
    Love my 2011 3.5 ecoboost. 120K no issues. My bowtie buddies absolutely hate me. Traded my 13 Silverado 2500 6.0 (gas guzzling mofo) in on it and super happy with about it. The one and only problem I have had is the tires moving around the wheel causing me to have to balance the tires pretty often. It took us quite a while to figure out what was going on. I launch the truck from time to time (sometimes you just got to humiliate a rice burner with a noisy fart cannon). We ended up marking the tire and wheel on the inside of the tires and sure enough they will move.

Side note these things have a lot of power when the turbos spool up it is really easy to have the back end chase you around if you are running around without the traction control on. watch hammering on it coming out of corners if you get one and want to see what it's got.

11. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    My favorite body style trucks are the 80s+ bull nose Ford's , the old square body Chevys from the late 70s up to 80 something and dodge trucks of the same vintage. I have own several of each , good looking and easy to work on.

Still wanna build a fall guy replica truck..

12. 00noturkey

00noturkey 8 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    easy to work on.. Yep
    those were the day's.

13. Regulator623

Regulator623 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2006
    Eastern Kentucky
    My wife's uncle stopped by a few weeks ago driving a 70's model chevrolet pickup he had just traded for....he popped the hood, my son asked where the rest of the engine was...lol

barney likes this.