For Sale - 2001 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4, 5.4L V8

Rob7

6 pointer
Oct 18, 2004
For Sale - 2001 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4, 5.4L V8 with 174,000 miles
Purchased this from a friend of mines father right before he moved out of town for health reasons. He owned this vehicle for the past 18 years. Was originally going to make a hunting rig out of it to leave at farm however have decided not to do that now. I have owned for 3 months.
The good: Vehicle is very clean inside and out. Motor and transmission appear to be very strong and in great shape. Transmission is Jasper replacement around 30,000 miles ago. Interior is in great condition and has removable 3rd row seating. Exterior looks great minus the one rear passenger fender that must have scraped the side of the garage it had been parked in.
The bad: Battery drains down after 3 or 4 days if not started and ran every day. Mechanic traced the drain to the computer/module and suggested replacing it, however, chose not to do that, so we installed a battery disconnect switch on the battery so nothing would drain while not in use. AC does not work, I asked him to spend no more than an hour trying to figure it out since AC wasn’t going to be important for me, he indicated it has substantial leak in the line somewhere and it may take him 4 hours or so to find so I opted out of that. Might be easy fix, might not. We did replace the front brake pads and rotors and the blower motor control module.
Located in Lexington, Have Carfax to share, Carfax says retail is $6,730, asking $3,000. Would make a great hunting rig or daily driver for the right person who could work on it.

message or email rob(at)backconstruction.com

Attachments

• IMG_1298.JPG
    IMG_1298.JPG
    431.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1302.JPG
    IMG_1302.JPG
    259.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1304.JPG
    IMG_1304.JPG
    294.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Rob7

6 pointer
Oct 18, 2004
Edited original post to include mileage, its 174,xxx , thanks for catching that.

Rob7

6 pointer
Oct 18, 2004
I haven't tried it off road as of yet and based on my knowledge of previous owner doubt he did either but would be happy to and report back. Technically its AWD and then can be placed in 4H or 4L.