Food plot !

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by G-man85, Nov 13, 2019.

1. G-man85

G-man85 Fawn

Nov 12, 2019
    Cridersville Oh
    I have a question for anyone or everyone who has done food plot primarily for deer. This season I decided to throw some oats out with a spreader in the fall. Oats came on slow but lately up until the cold hit the deer were hammering it only maybe 1/2 acre. Anyways I need ideas for next year for spring. All I have right now is a spreader and basic backpack sprayer for weed killer any input would be appreciated.

2. massive horns

massive horns BBBC Members

Oct 21, 2002
    Kentucky
    Consider frost seeding clover in late February when snow is on the ground.

Drahts likes this.
  3. Campfire

Campfire Spike

Oct 24, 2019
    Camp
    I have tried many food plot seeds. It is best to have a variety of types however if you are looking for one seed blend I think Vision from Whitetail Institute is the best. It is a combo of perrinials clover and chicory but also has an annual kale. In KY they will hit the clover and chicory all year long. Sometimes with annuals if you have a lot of deer they will completely mow it down or pull it up by the roots. But if you can best to mix different types which provides variety and they hit a y different times of year.