Flying coyote mount

M

mrdux

I took this coyote during the rifle deer season a couple years ago. I rarely take time to do any of my own work but since this coyote weighed 44 pounds (largest I have ever mounted) and had an awesome skin, I went ahead and tanned it and put it in the freezer till later. After working on mchunter's bobcat and having my 3rd hand surgery in a year, I wasn't able to get into the blood and guts with stitches in my hand so I decided to get the coyote out. I had a pose in mind and since this coyote was going to take the absolute largest form size any of the suppliers had, I had to take 2 different forms and cut them up and make my own pose. I was pretty happy with the way it turned out and it has gotten a lot of attention at a Hunters' Night Out at our local co-op store recently.

DSC00568.jpg

DSC00565.jpg

GrouseAssasin

12 pointer
Aug 1, 2009
Jackson, ky
Great job with the taxidermy. I dont mean anything negative but why is he airborne? You could put a couple strands of old barbwire coming off the post, give him a reason for being in that position. Just looks kinda funny to me without anything under him.

muddhunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2005
louisville
Great job with the taxidermy. I dont mean anything negative but why is he airborne? You could put a couple strands of old barbwire coming off the post, give him a reason for being in that position. Just looks kinda funny to me without anything under him.

He is pouncing on a delicious fawn, hidden in a clump of brush. Maybe a clutch of turkey polts.

M

mrdux

If the pic was from the side, it would show he is actually jumping over the stump on the habitat. I had planned on putting a target species in front of him but the target would have been several feet in front to get the attitude I was looking for. Sometimes imagination is a good thing.

The airborne was just something nobody else was doing so I decided to do it differently.

EKYridgerunner

10 pointer
Sep 13, 2010
Cool mount! I don't know much about taxidermy, but I do know I've seen a lot of mounts that look great UNTIL you look closely at the face. Your detail in those areas is about as true as you can get! The eyes and mouth look AWESOME!

Latest posts