Flippin Line

str8 shot

12 pointer
Nov 4, 2006
berea kantuckie
i found out that flouro isnt all that great last year...if theres any little nick in the line itll break on a hookset in heavy cover...i keep my flippin reels rigged up with 17lb trilene XT mono...that stuff is tougher than rope

daking

12 pointer
Dec 29, 2004
I like spiderwire or firewire. Those spectra lines don't stretch and they will pull you out of just about anything.

ky_horsetrainer

6 pointer
Nov 11, 2004
Jackson County
i found out that flouro isnt all that great last year...if theres any little nick in the line itll break on a hookset in heavy cover...i keep my flippin reels rigged up with 17lb trilene XT mono...that stuff is tougher than rope

i use the same for flippin....kinda stiff the first few fish but after that you cant beat it....its tough, low memmory, and doesnt get line twist easily

Kentuck

8 pointer
Nov 7, 2005
Northern California
Big Game in green, 20 lb. test. Had a eight pounder on around some docks last year and she went around a piling. Was expecting a break-off at any moment as I was trying to get the boat positioned to get the line off the piling. Line didn't break and I landed her. The line held up real well.

crestliner200

6 pointer
Sep 5, 2008
A Hunter Hunter.
Depending on how heavy the cover i mostly use 40 to 80 pound Fireline. I have had bad experiences with Spiderwire. Also i like the Fireline at night due to under a black light it looks as big as your finger. JMO

Latest posts