Fleece pants?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by JGD, Dec 7, 2008.

1. JGD

JGD Spike

Feb 3, 2008
    Nelson County
    I'm looking to get some fleece camo pants for Christmas and wondered if anyone had a suggestion. They really don't need to be waterproof or to have a scent blocker feature, just a good durable midweight fleece to wear under my wool bibs. Thanks, John.

2. therron258

therron258 10 pointer

Sep 24, 2006
    Madisonville, KY
    do they have to be camo? i bought a cheap fleece pullover sweatshirt from wal mart and it seems to keep me really warm, better than most other stuff does

3. trophythumper

trophythumper Spike

Oct 22, 2008
    Paducah,KY area
    Warm but really snags briars/stick-tights.

4. therron258

therron258 10 pointer

Sep 24, 2006
    Madisonville, KY
    yeah, i tried wearing mine as an outer, and thats the worst thing about them, ialmost got some fleece bibs, but for the hassle of cleaning them i went with a different pair

5. LabsRock

LabsRock Fawn

Nov 12, 2008
    Southern Hardin County
    Soapbox?

Right on QuackrStackr, we should all spend more at our local business. I kinda got the Christmas spirit earlier. Well after about 15 minutes in Wal-Mart, I got over it. Sam Walton must be rolling in his grave. I couldn't find anything made in the USA.:mad: Don't get me wrong, I enjoy saving money as much as anyone. But sometimes I look at the crap they are selling and just walk out empty handed. Anyway, I think we all need to try to support our "local" merchant's like Uncle Lee's. ;)

6. Drake makes a great pair of fleece pants, so does macks PW I love my fleeces for outer wear in the deer stand or as a layer.

Agreed Old Sam would be ashamed. I nearly stroked when wallyworld took out the guns in my town. The sporting goods section has turned to crap. They had 1 box of decoys this year. I pretty well have to go to paducah if I want anything. I now spend my money locally if at all possible. I wish uncle lees wasnt a 1:30 minute drive form here I love that store.

7. Louhunter

Louhunter 8 pointer

Feb 11, 2003
    Louisville, Kentucky.
    I bought a pair made for skiing from the bargin bin at Campmor many years ago and they have been great. They have reinforced knees and seat and are very warm. Like other have said, don't wear them on the outside you will be picking burrs and everything else off for months.

8. Greenhead Rocker

Greenhead Rocker 6 pointer

Feb 23, 2006
    Columbia, Ky
    Check out the natgear line of fleece. The warmest stuff I've seen yet. They make bibs and pants in fleece, as well as jackets, vests, and pullovers. Great products.

9. cornbread

cornbread 10 pointer

Apr 8, 2004
    Rockfield, KY
    Take a look at Browning and Under Armour.

10. singlebarrel

singlebarrel 6 pointer

Sep 26, 2008
    Marion County
    I bought the dimension fleece pants and pullover from Cabelas. I love it. Very warm with the windproof lining...and very quiet.

11. kyblackmallard

kyblackmallard 10 pointer

Sep 18, 2006
    I have a pair from Sasquatch and they have performed well for over 4 years.Duckin, fishin,and deer hunting they are really warm.

12. Thunder Head

Thunder Head 8 pointer

For a layering item you cant beat a set made for water fowling. They have the straps on the bottom to keep them from wading up when you put the outer layer on.

13. Big_country

Big_country 6 pointer

Jul 16, 2007
    manchester ky
    I bought the mossy oak APX fleece. team it with some under armour and you could stay warm in any climate;)