fla cracker

Discussion in 'Welcome to KentuckyHunting.net!' started by johnny9, Nov 23, 2021 at 9:19 AM.

1. johnny9

johnny9 Fawn

Nov 18, 2021
    ky
    hello everyone. been cruising the site when i have time and love it. i moved here near whitesburg,pine mtnt "kingdom come parkway" almost 3 yrs ago. retired and loving the sxs offroad life when i can. i have been a fabricator/ blacksmith most my life. pulled wide loads 7 yrs,but always been a welder. was fascinated with it in high school and didnt stop. but it has now since i live 10 times smaller than ever before. but me and my wife of 34 yrs do love the area and the simple smaller less bills kinda life. i love looking for old coke ovens in the area from days gone by,and riding the tops of black mntn and pine mntn seeing the wildlife. "getting there is the best part" i call it my heaven" sometimes a little side ways in the curves :) if anyone is near me anytime and likes rough mntn sxs trails and seeing new places i have lots of trails from mild to a little challenging. im close to flat gap that runs to pound va. hope all you guys and the folks on this forum has a Happy and blessed Thanksgiving day!!

RLWEBB, timer, carnivore and 10 others like this.
  2. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    May have to take ya up on that offer in the spring. Love riding my sxs..

johnny9 and NOCAMST like this.
  3. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Hey Johnny, FL native here noticing your chosen user name with sentimental amusement, only because an old friend back home from my surf scene used to share one quite similar upon a private forum. I've always thought it would be cool to learn how to weld, myself. Hope you guys have a Happy Thanksgiving over there. I'm clear across the state within the swamps for the time being but spent much time during my youth beside and within the Smokies.

johnny9 likes this.
  4. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Welcome Pilgram,

Seen many bears when you go riding

johnny9 likes this.
  5. johnny9

johnny9 Fawn

Nov 18, 2021
    ky
    yes sir! i googled it before i came here. the most population of blk bear in ky at the edge of my yard every day. got few videos over the yrs. folks round here shoot them. i enjoy them :) i dont shoot much but paper.

HuntressOfLight likes this.
  6. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    :cool:...I only now noticed your seriously cool avatar! If that beauty belongs to you, you should get on just swell with this character (he loves to post photos of his cats and chat about them):

https://www.kentuckyhunting.net/members/jr-in-ky.4410/

That looks just like my first cat as an adult back in Atlanta and was probably the coolest cat of all, a Tom in which I once rescued. Big story to that one. Had him fifteen years, named him Spreche, simply because he talked nonstop, and he would do backflips upon command for me.

johnny9 likes this.
  7. Little FR

Little FR 6 pointer

Nov 10, 2021
    West Kentucky
    Welcome. I’m on the opposite end of state.

johnny9 likes this.
  8. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Welcome!!! There sure is some beautiful country over your way. I like driving into Whitesburg on 119 of 23 and seeing snow on those mountains. Glad you’re here.

johnny9 likes this.
  9. johnny9

johnny9 Fawn

Nov 18, 2021
    ky
    yes the top of pine mntn and little sheppards trail is a nice drive to see snow,bears and deer. 18 degrees at bottom of the mntn in my little hollar this am. stay warm