Fishing trip w dad at KEN LAKE

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by charliehustle86, Feb 29, 2016.

1. charliehustle86

charliehustle86 6 pointer

Oct 16, 2014
    Northern Ky
    Just booked a room for 2 nights at Ken lake for my dad and i. I hope the weather works out for early April. I'm so pumped! Haven't had a fishing trip w just my dad in a long time. We going to rent a boat and catch all we can. Any one been out on Ken Lake?

2. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    right now its muddy and water temp is around 50 degrees but thats all gonna change by then. what're you fishing for

3. charliehustle86

Oct 16, 2014
    Northern Ky
    Anything to fill the freezer. Would like to catch crappie and striper. Just wanting to catch fish. Going to rent a small Jon boat and use minnows and doing some spider rigging

4. nwest

nwest 12 pointer

watch water temps you could stumble in on some fine blugll and redear fishing also. best of luck to you guys!!

5. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Great to get the chance to fish with your dad. I would love that chance again. When I seen the thread topic I thought you ment Ken Lake on Peabody not Kentucky lake. The grandson talked me into going to Ken lake on Peabody a couple years ago, I bought us Peabody permits and went. We caught a couple small bluegill was all. Very expensive couple bluegill but the time spent with the grandson was worth it.
    That place was a lot bigger than I remembered when it was covered in standing timber....LOL.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  6. charliehustle86

Oct 16, 2014
    Northern Ky
    My dad and I have talked about taking a trip like this for a long time just him and I. we kept putting it off for whatever reason and always came up with an excuse. So this year I decided I just needed to go ahead and plan it. Life's getting busier and busier with a 18 month old and family of my own. I didn't want to regret it one day. We hope to bring a freeze full back!

7. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    4 years ago we hit the lake when the water hit the 50 degree mark and caught over 300 bass in three days. shaky heads right off the bank on the LBL side. if you're looking for a guide, give Craig Hipsher a call.

8. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I hope you catch so many you get tired of cleaning them.
    My dad always wanted to go to Canada fishing, never made that trip. I got the chance after he had passed and have only caught one fish in Canada a nice size Smallmouth but look at it on my wall and think about dad often and wish we could have made that trip together.

9. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Hope y'all have a blast! Gonna take my pops somewhere for a weekend too. For about 6 straight years we'd do 3 day trout fishing on the Hawaissee in TN. Job demands got us out of that. Think we need to get it going again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Powerstro284

Powerstro284 8 pointer

Jun 12, 2014
    Rough river
    Will be at lake Barkley with my dad In April as well good luck to yall

11. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    We took a guys trip to the Hawaissee one year. It was a fun trip, but we almost got ourselves in trouble when the water started rising and we didn't have a clue what was going on. One of our friends was way on the other side of the river when the water started rising. The water was up to his chest by the time he made it back to us. I caught more trout out of Turtletown creek then I did out of the Hawaissee though.

12. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    They have sirens now. They didn't back in the day so I know what you're saying. Fun area. We've fished Tellico a few times as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. charliehustle86

Oct 16, 2014
    Northern Ky
    Anyone have any updates on Kentucky lake fishing and temps? thanks a lot!

14. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    Dave Stewart has an updated report on Fishin.com.

15. charliehustle86

Oct 16, 2014
    Northern Ky
    My dad and I are getting really excited. About a week away. Anyone been out on Kentucky lake? Any updates. thanks again everybody