Fishing in tn.

toxic

10 pointer
Nov 10, 2012
J-TOWN (LOUISVILLE)
Anyone know of any good spots to hit up in gattlinburg area?....with no boat? I am thinking of taking my wife there this fall and would like to hit up a few fishing spots. I have never been there and know nothing about the place. Any info would be great.

Tha' Hat

10 pointer
Oct 3, 2005
The Island
Smallmouth fished the Pigeon River on our honeymoon years ago. You've got to watch the release schedule from the dam, but when they aren't pulling water, you can catch the fire outta bass.

whitleycotrapper

12 pointer
May 20, 2005
Williamsburg, KY
you can catch trout right in gattlinburg. closed on thursday for stocking but its a blast. I have caught some trout over 24" down there and catch 18" fish quite often on the fly rod. See plenty fishing with the old standby of corn and powerbait or roostertails. just remember single hook only. Pretty much anyplace in the national park you can take a small roostertail and catch trout, no BAIT in the park and single hook only there also. That means you either have to cut two hooks on the treble of a roostertail or buy the ones with single hooks. The trout in the park are all wild so the size will be smaller. My wife and I went on a guided fly fishing trip about 5 years and I had a blast, I caught a 20+ inch brown trout that even our guide was super excited about. he said you just dont hardly ever see them that big inside the park. Never fished much for the smallmouth in the lower stretches toward pigeon forge but Ive heard it real good at times.

toxic

10 pointer
Nov 10, 2012
J-TOWN (LOUISVILLE)
Thanks for the info. Do you remember what guide service it was? If the price is right, i just might go that route. The fly fishing would be my thing, not so much hers, she sticks with her pink spinning rod and reel. Lol i have never caught a trout. I went to otter creek with a friend about 3 days after they stocked it last fall and caught a 6 inch smallie on the fly but that was it all day. That is one fish i want to go after.

Latest posts