Fishing in NKY??

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by CRFoster68, May 23, 2011.

1. CRFoster68

CRFoster68 8 pointer

Jan 7, 2009
    Fort Thomas
    I was wondering if any of you know of any good fishing spots that are accessable to the public near Campbell Co. (besides the Ohio river)? I do not have access to a boat up here, so i am looking to just fish from the bank. I was thinking about trying aj jolly... Anyone ever fished there? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. 7mmx2

7mmx2 12 pointer

Nov 8, 2007
    KY
    In regards to AJ Jolly
    Last year the crappie bite was decent. The lake is stocked full of channels.
    There is a no harvest on Flathead catfish.
    I didn't have much luck about 3 weeks ago, water was muddy.
    I'm looking to get back out there but who knows when.

The other water ways you can give a try are:
    The Licking River
    Alexandria Park - Stocked with channels and trout
    Southgate Park - Stocked with channels and trout

Good Luck!

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  3. bones66

bones66 Fawn

May 3, 2008
    KY
    You have several state owned lakes in the general N. Ky area. Check out the Dept. Web site for those. Most of these have an easement allowing you to walk around the lake border for public access. Also check out the Fishing in the Neighborhoods (FIN) Lakes at http://fw.ky.gov/urbanfishing.asp

4. taxidervin

taxidervin Spike

Sep 20, 2002
    try fishing below Kincaid lake Dam, in the creek below the dam. Fishing can be pretty decent there at times. Also try fishing the dam in Falmouth, South Fork licking River and below the dam. Wade fishing can be good there at times. Aj Jolly, if you enter the park and go around the lake road on the south side of the lake, fish around the campground. There are some laydowns there for crappie, channels and bass. As you go around the lake, again on the south bank, where you can see the dam, to your left, there are some good laydowns there for crappie and bass too.
    Dave