First time duck hunting

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Wall9, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Wall9

Wall9 Fawn

Nov 9, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. B.M. Barrelcooker

B.M. Barrelcooker 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky
    Quit now while you are ahead

3. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
    thats an awesome first time!! Congrats!!

4. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    Congrats!!!

5. patiodadio

patiodadio 8 pointer

Mar 22, 2014
    There won't be a duck left by the time you get some experience under your belt ! Maybe you should stop now so they won't become extent ! Congrats on a great hunt !

6. Wall9

Wall9 Fawn

Nov 9, 2012
    We got in on a huge farm that the no one has hunted in several years there was hundreds of ducks flying around and we came out with 29 of of a half acre shallow pond and most of those came in the first 30 minutes we was there. The actual duck hunters that came with us said we got spoiled lol they warned us there not always that easy but it was a blast.

7. KAHUNTER

KAHUNTER 6 pointer

Jan 11, 2007
    Henderson
    Wow! What county if you don't mind me asking?

8. Wall9

Wall9 Fawn

Nov 9, 2012
    Barren County I think at least that's where I think we were if not we were in an adjoining county but that's where we met up at anyway.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  9. Wall9

Wall9 Fawn

Nov 9, 2012
    Why is that?

10. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    Haha, just give it time. You'll figure it out. This is my first year actually doing some serious duck huntin. Went Fory first time last year. Took me about 5-6 months to figure out they had done got a hold of me. Since then I've bought 15-16 dozen decoys, waders, calls, shotgun, videos, and CDs w/ calling instructions. So just wait and you'll figure out on your own why MR Blonde days you are screwed

11. Wall9

Wall9 Fawn

Nov 9, 2012
    I gotcha it's defiantly addicting I'm gonna invest in some stuff but I got to much going on as is to get to awful wrapped up in it I'd have to drop some other stuff first.

12. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    Umm ok. Good luck w/ that.

13. Well, first thing your going to end up wanting to do is build a blind. You will grow tired quickly of your burlap. ChaChing!
    Second, you will want newer, nicer decoys. ChaChing!
    Then you will start going thru calls searching for that sweet mallard hen sound. ChaChing!
    Your waders will leak half way thru the season. ChaChing!
    You will end up adding motion or heaven forbid mojo's to your spread. ChaChing!
    Your kids (if you have any will want to go) will want to go and need gear. ChaChing!
    You will end up wanting a heat source in your new fancy blind. ChaChing!
    Then you will want a dog, not just any dog. A tried and true blood line with proper training. No hunter is complete without a GOOD dog. ChaChing!
    You will want a fancy new blind bag and decoy bags for your fancy new doecys. ChaChing!
    Gas to and from the X daily. ChaChing!
    Food to eat daily. ChaChing!
    You will break/destroy half your gear up and want to replace it. ChaChing!
    You will have more freinds come duck season than ever and you will soon get sick of the moochers burning long standing bridges of friendship.
    You will have to purchase fancy stuff for your wife after she sees all the money your have spent. ChaChing!
    Get the picture?

14. Wall9

Wall9 Fawn

Nov 9, 2012
    lmbo I may just go ahead and quit now. Thanks for the heads up