First Glock

kyjohnky

8 pointer
Dec 23, 2014
I never own a “good pistol before “ I have had a few high points and Taurus in my life and always wanted a pistol for my Collection. I have been reading the post about big bore handguns and got the itch to purchase one. I read reviews and YouTube about this pistol and chose the Glock 40 in 10mm. I have no problem finding ammo and caught it on sale.
F5C610E8-243F-43F5-AB1F-AF3F07906B82.jpeg

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
Do yourself a favor and read up on how to align the sights on a Glock. You’ll have less frustration that way. It’s a “ball in hoop” alignment.

I’ve been pleased with my Glocks.
I use “equal sight, equal light” method. Just like every other pistol I have ever owned. I’m not a fan of the plastic glock sights anyways. I usually go tritium.

Congratulations on joining The Best Millimeter club!

reivertom

12 pointer
Dec 17, 2007
Greenup Co.
I have a couple, and they are boring in their reliability. They aren't a gun you sit an admire on cold snowy February evenings, but they just work. As exciting as a toaster to look at, but they make up for it when you need them to go bang.

koger

Fawn
Mar 7, 2022
Monticello, KY
The 10mm may take some getting used to recoil wise, I have 3 Glocks, 2 17's-9mm and a .40 Longslide 34 with a ported barrel that kicks like a 9mm. Ultra reliable and accurate, you did good, might want to look into reloading for it, save a lot o$$$ if you can find primers.

Meatstick

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2013
Washington County
My dad has killed more deer with that gun than blue tongue has. He handloads some kinda XTPs, and deer have a hard time packing it. Leupold red dot on his. Mine is still stock, but I'll soon put a vortex venom on it and start playing with it

kyjohnky

8 pointer
Dec 23, 2014

Latest posts