First coyote hunt!

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by Dgulley21, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Dgulley21

Dgulley21 Fawn

Dec 12, 2015
    Well I'm out for my first ever coyote hunt this am in nky. Wish me well!

2. Glendale John

Glendale John 6 pointer

Good luck and have fun!

3. kyfuzzyface

kyfuzzyface 8 pointer

Nov 2, 2007
    Central Ky
  4. Dgulley21

Dgulley21 Fawn

Dec 12, 2015
    Well my first coyote hunt was fun but unsuccessful. I enjoyed getting back out in the woods but realized quickly that i lost my conditioning from deer season. I had to cut my trip short after a couple of sits because I was so excited to get out that I forgot I left my bow in the back of my truck. once i realized it i had a mile walk back to the truck and was whooped! Still a blast and will be back out this weekend!

5. coyote1758

coyote1758 6 pointer

Oct 10, 2010
    nicholasville ky.
    Made 23 sets before getting one. Good luck

6. Jacobhwrd

Jacobhwrd 6 pointer

Jan 26, 2014
    Richmond, Ky
    Yeah good luck. I called one in my second try ever but it was a while after that before I had another (that I saw at least). Lol it's a rough learning curve but well worth it once you start to figure it all out. I read articles watched videos and even full books on coyotes from how to hunt them to just their biology and none of it was as good as actually getting out there and doing the tried and true trial and error. Lol and I was really heavy on the errors. Still am :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. bigpuddin43

bigpuddin43 12 pointer

Feb 21, 2007
    bucktown
    Just had a group right in front of the house and right behind the house cut loose. Wish I could call them in but have never had much luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk