First Buck With A Bow

predator

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2006
Leitchfield, Ky.
I will try and keep this as short as possible but my passion is something that falls near and dear to my heart. As most of you know my father Keith (aka Predator) when to fight his battle with cancer on a level playing field March 2012. He was the man that taught me everything I know about life, women, hunting, fishing, pretty much everything. I had never really taken much of an interest in bow hunting because quite frankly I thought I was to busy, but after dad passed things kinda slowed down and what wasn't important before suddenly become important. With that being said I decided to take bow hunting more seriously last season. I had several good deer on camera but was never blessed with the opportunity to harvest a buck. This year I decided to change my hunting strategy some and was rewarded with my first buck with a bow. He's not a monster by no means, he green scored out at 130 so I was pleased! I have one I shot with a gun that will go 150 and vowed I wouldn't take one unless I was going to mount it so I dropped him off at the taxidermy this AM! Just an FYI I was lucky enough to get a bonus buck tag from an auction so if I have another buck post I'm not a poacher!! ;:D

I was fortunate enough to follow this deer from mid May all the way up till the day we met!

ga.beeman

Fawn
Nov 30, 2009
Congrats on a very nice first bow buck. I know your dad is very proud of you. He taught you right in several areas of your life that I am sure you see everyday.

Latest posts