First bird down!

KYhunter79

12 pointer
Dec 11, 2003
Irvington, KY
Killed my first of the season at 20 yards at 7:56am. Had multiple birds gobbling on the roost this morning. Had 7 jakes come in first and gobble and strut and fight about 15 yards in front of me with 2 toms strutting with a lone hen. Finally got the jakes to drift off and the Tom and 2 hens went into the woods. Well I was finally able to give my first call since fly down cackle and made a little sequence and then another about 10 minutes later and the 2 toms and hen stepped back out and made their way about 100 yards into the field before the hen went back to the woods. After that the toms slowly came in strutting and spitting and drumming the whole time. They had made their way to my right side and were about 20 yards when one put his head down to eat and the other had his back to me strutting and I turned on the one that was strutting and busted him when he broke strut. It started raining when I was about two minutes from the house.

4b92513e.jpg

Last edited:

KYhunter79

12 pointer
Dec 11, 2003
Irvington, KY
Thanks guys. lol. It started raining on the ride back to the house so I had already changed out of my overalls before the picture. And I was practicing that face in the mirror until almost midnight last night, BG. Finally feel like I got it perfected. lol.

What I thought was odd was that he was 3.5lbs heavier and had larger sharper spurs than the bird I called in last weekend during youth but his beard was shorter.

Latest posts