Firearm Service Center Bardstown rd Louisville

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Southern., Jan 12, 2021.

1. Southern.

Southern. Fawn

Nov 20, 2018
    Knox County
    This company has a gun of mine that I took in for repair earlier last year. They said it would take a while to get a part they needed due to COVID affecting supply.

They have since went out of business due to the owner passing. They didn’t contact me and inform me of any closing. I’ve found reviews online of other customers in the same boat as I.

They have a sign on their door saying all guns must be picked up in December due to owner passing. There’s a number to call or text but the mail box is full and they won’t respond to text.

Anyone else have a firearm with them? I don’t know what to do at this point.

2. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Henry County
    Call the police maybe

3. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    Maybe reach out to scott king he used to be next door and probably can put you in contact with the building owner who can maybe put you in contact with someone from the gun store? Long shot

jblack1 likes this.
  4. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    Could also leave a note on the door?

5. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    Gary had a son........I'll see if I can track down his number. Scott will know it if you can reach him.

jblack1 and bearleft like this.
  6. Hopefully this works out quickly and positively for you, the heirs to this business wouldn’t like dealing with me otherwise if it were me.

7. Brit's and Birds

Brit's and Birds 10 pointer

Nov 24, 2008
    Oldham County
    Hope you get your gun back. Sucks that they are closed now as they were the only decent gunsmith in the area that I am aware of.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  8. redlickranch

redlickranch 8 pointer

Dec 11, 2007
    Bullitt County
    First I heard that they closed. Hate to hear that. Figured someone would have stepped in to get the gunsmith stuff going. They had other smiths there.

9. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Gary Roman passed???

10. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    Back around Thanksgiving.

11. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Damnit.
    But yes, he has a son that will make it right. I'll check with some folks, should come up with a contact.

12. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Henry County
    There is a guy named Claude in Fern Creek that is pretty good. I can't remember his last name but, anyone could look him up at Kentucky armory club.
    I'm still a member there but, quit posting a few yrs ago after someone with more seniority than me ripped my butt over a comment I made after that moron killed all those people with the box truck several years ago. All I said was we should ban assault trucks. He accused me of not having any respect for the people that were killed and basically called me a horrible human being. Whether he was right or wrong I decided I didn't need to participate in the group anymore.

13. Southern.

Southern. Fawn

Nov 20, 2018
    Knox County
    Thanks for the reply’s all. Shortly after this post, they contacted me and I was able to pick up my gun today.

00noturkey, Semp, bearleft and 9 others like this.
  14. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement