Firearm opening weekend thread

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bird whisperer, Nov 14, 2020.

1. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    They just crossed over farther away, not the buck I'm after he's much bigger deer seem to be staying away from this farm and staying on the one next to me I can hunt all three but this has always been the spot.

2. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Buddy and I have been playing musical stands for 2 days with the big bucks. He goes to one, I go to another, bucks go to two diff areas than where we are. He is frustrated. Windometer registered 2 gusts over 70 today here at the house. That's crazy. I'm smoking meat tonite so I stayed in, hoping to hear him boom one. Yesterday was SLOW for sure here. I saw a spike, a six and a doe. He saw 4 does and a 4pt and a spike.

kyhunter99 likes this.
  3. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Still in the kitchen Ky
    DRAHTS indeed then!
    But just remember--its only day 2! Not the greatest opener conditions but only takes 1 minute to turn the whole season around.

riverboss likes this.
  4. ukyager

ukyager 8 pointer

Jan 21, 2005
    KENTUCKY
    Took down our deer camp this am. We had 12x 12 pop up canopy with nylon walls around it, set up with a table, chairs, two cots and a propane heater. We can keep it down right toasty in there. I usually leave it up through gun season so we can get our gear on in the warmth. Not this year. We dropped it as low as it can go and had it staked well. Got there this am and the walls had torn at the zippers, so I went ahead and packed it all up. Pulled cards and heard two big limbs/trees fall.
    Came home and flew a kite with the kids. Back out tomorrow to another property, fingers crossed.
    Good look this week ya’ll

kyhunter99 likes this.
  5. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 12 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    Had big plans to pack a box blind back to a long pasture field today. I had to run an errand for the wife at lunch then finished up the trim on the blind. Got it strapped to the tractor then a buddy from work pulled in. Long and short the blind didn’t get moved and I didn't get to hunt. Taking my wife for her first hunt in the morning. Good luck to everyone in the morning.

CRFmxracer and kyhunter99 like this.
  6. captfire

captfire 6 pointer

Oct 13, 2015
    same here in barren were I hunt not hereing the shots maybe they are staying home because they don't have any ammo

7. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    I was babysitting 11 does from the deck the last hour and a half today. Never saw an antler. I'm gettin in the thickets with em tomorrow.

KYBluegill likes this.
  8. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    Son saw 5 does
    Wife 3 bucks and 2 does.
    1 doe or small buck for me. Couldn’t tell for sure.

9. Tankt

Tankt 10 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    If you only want to babysit 8 does, gimme a holler;)

Meatstick likes this.
  10. kyjohnky

kyjohnky 6 pointer

Dec 23, 2014
    I didn’t hunt the am,but me and gf went tonight.1 spike and 5 does in Jefferson co.Moving at last light.

bearleft likes this.
  11. Todd H

Todd H 6 pointer

Nov 7, 2011
    South Central, KY
    My nephew and I both punched our buck tags last evening...I'll post pics later today after work. He got a nice 8 and I took a odd one out of the gene pool finally

kyhunter99 and CRFmxracer like this.
  12. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    The first morning I had a shot at a young 8 point, but I let him walk. I might be sorry before it's all over!

13. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Ive havnt heard a shot in my local area yet,, The closest was maybe two miles away. Only way I could hear it was because I was on top of the ridge.. Noone I know in my immediate area has tagged one yet.. Im hjoping this cold snap turns things around