Financial advisors around Lexington

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Strutter, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Strutter

Strutter Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    USA.
    Anyone have or know of a good, honest FA near Lexington? I have a good guy but the company he works for makes me uncomfortable.

2. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 10 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    I'm looking as we speak . What's the does and don't at a financial advisor

3. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    You want one that gets paid on performance not commission, can't help you here in KY mine is in GA.

4. gicts

gicts 6 pointer

Aug 29, 2004
    Louisville
    I get the vibe most are like fat dietitians, only a little harder to vet.
    They parrot advice well, but either they don't do what they say, or their knowledge didn't get them too far.

5. Strutter

Strutter Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    USA.
    It seems to me that if they were really good at investing, they would have invested their own money and made millions and be on a beach somewhere instead of getting paid for messing with us.

bowhunter269 and Munson like this.
  6. timer

timer 8 pointer

Feb 20, 2013
    La Grange
    Investing is a marathon....not a sprint. If you are looking for quick money sign up for an on-line account - and good luck.

But if you are looking for a comfortable retirement, my advice is to find someone with a good firm that you like....and stay with them.

I've been with my guy - who is now at Wells Fargo - for almost 40 years. He has gotten me into good investments - and he has kept me from making bad choices. We've been a good team down through the years. His advice isn't cheap but it has been worth every penny.

7. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

We have one ( now retired) in my neighborhood who's office was in Nashville. He built a nice lake home using a credit card for payment. This was before the cash back and zero interest rate cards came along.

gicts likes this.
  8. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    This is the way I've always looked at it. You can manage you own investments by doing a little research, especially if you simply use mutual funds, or similar. As someone said, it's a marathon, not a sprint. Invest in stock market for the long haul. Start as early as you can, and ignore the fluctuations. The power of compounding interest !! Time is your friend.