FINALLY ... "The GOP is debating whether Reaganomics needs an update"

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by grouseguy, Feb 26, 2015.

1. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Another thing thats pushing manufacturing away is energy cost. Especially under a leftest like Obama. His huge green energy push will "necessarily" drive the cost of energy up. Running large energy hog mills and plants cost money. Try running a steel mill on solar and wind. They are not giving up on the global warming scam and will continue to push the green energy and it will raise cost of energy.

Between the EPA and the green push we will see it get much worse.

2. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Germany seems to be doing a very good job on that front, and they actually have a hell of a production base.

3. HillBillyFiveO

HillBillyFiveO 8 pointer

Aug 15, 2005
    Newport, KY
    So are you agreeing that the cost will go up, manufacturing is being pushed away and the libs aren't giving up on the global warming scam?! Or are you just hoping we can turn our country into a Germany twin? Just curious because your response to his question was such.

Floyd T.

4. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    I love when Germany get used as the shining light of green energy. You may want to research the topic a little deeper. You would find the country burns more coal than five years ago and has some of the highest household electricity bills in the developed world. You would find the government is phasing out subsidies because its so expensive. Average electricity prices for companies have jumped 60% over the past five years because of costs passed along as part of government subsidies of renewable energy producers. Prices are now more than double those in the U.S.

This is what America is looking at. Obama told everyone energy cost must necessarily go up. Solar and wind are very inefficient. They will drive the cost up. They can't compete with other energy sources. They are either heavily subsidies or you must drive the cost of other cheaper sources up so green energy doesn't look as bad or both.

5. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Read into it what you want, it does not change the fact that Germany leads the world in alternative energy and making it work. Cost will always go up, Fiat money and banking interest structure makes it a must. Manufacturing is going away in favor of the 2 Dolla a day China scam, and shareholder pocket cotton.

You guys can keep denying that Global warming "Climate change" exist, while at the same time the Polar Ice, and glaciers the size of NY just keep melting away.......There is more to this than just what occurs in your part of KY.

6. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    They are having hiccups, because they went to fast. They are now learning to balance what is feasible from green, to what is needed when green can't bring in enough. Now that the green infrastucture is in place, that balancing of power becomes much easier and cost will come down and stabilize. As the Tech on green gets better , Germany will be in a position to capitalize and further reduce cost. No one knows where his will be in ten years, but Green type energy will be the future of our kids and grandkids, what we use now is only a bridge until cost makes it feasable for everyone.

7. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Hiccup? If your electric rate went up 60% you would call that a hiccup? The sun shines about 50% of the time. The panels last only about 20 to 25 years then must be replaced. Wind only blows part time as well. I don't care how many years we wait...thats not changing. It will drive cost up now and 100 years from now. Period. Germany knows its not affordable and MUST cut back on the subsidies. They bit off more than they can chew and know its a flop.

As far as global warming...its a scam and noting more. I can show you over and over how this is a lie and data is manipulated. You simply buy the lie they sell because you are not researching it. Most people look at a picture or headline and believe the whole thing. I can't believe people still fall for this scam. The top UN climate guru just came out and admitted this is all about redistribution of wealth. Read about the Club of Rome. They want to collapse the industrialized nations and others want to see the worlds populations greatly reduced. These are very rich and powerful people. They are telling you themselves exactly what they want to do and how they will do it and people are too stupid to believe them. Its like they are walking us to the gas chamber and you are doing so with a smile on your face.

8. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    AEP has been raising my rates for 30+ years, the last 15+ has been the same old song and dance, we got to have 17% or 13% or 21%. Like a religon, you have your take, I have mine. We will leave it at that.

9. possumal

possumal 10 pointer

Jun 21, 2007
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    So you guys who think global warming is a scam invented by the Obama administration? Does that mean that the 97% of the scientific contributors are all involved in a scam?

10. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    I think the research elite are primarily left wing. As are the universities. Yes, they are perfectly content using science to forward their agenda.
    But I think it is ignorant to think that 200 years of industry cannot affect the climate at all, but to what extent, and the best way to deal with it... I dont trust the left to be the sole arbiter.

11. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Yes. They have vacated the scientific method all together. Science is not run by consensus. It is proven that scientists have distorted data and fabricated numbers. The research universities are heavily invested in the liberal mind set and their research shows it in this instance. Global warming is undeniably proven false time and again and they have absolutely no response. The same scientists warned of global cooling in the 70's. They consistently reverse their original findings anyway. They can't accurately predict the weather next week, but they want to change the entire human civilization to accommodate a computer model that they have customized to reflect their determined outcome. Yes they are either wrong or dishonest.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  12. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    No Obama didn't come up with it but he wants to use it to drive his agenda. The government and the UN can grab more power and money from this than in anytime in history and its all in the name of saving the planet. Every human and industry will be at their mercy. Electric rate have been going up because they are demanding more and more from coal power plants. They made it so they will bankrupt them just like Obama promised.

I get tied of explaining the 97% thing because its a total lie as well. Its another twisted figure that's made up to help the cause. Just Google "97% of climate scientists myth" and do some reading.

DO you know more money is spent on the global warming scam than is securing our borders?

Maurice Strong was one of the fathers of global warming. He is a member of the Club of Rome and a billionaire. Look at this quote :

“Isn’t the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn’t it our responsibility to bring that about?”

He isn't alone...

“A massive campaign must be launched to de-develop the United States. De-development means bringing our economic system into line with the realities of ecology and the world resource situation.”
    – Paul Ehrlich, Professor of Population Studies

“Global Sustainability requires the deliberate quest of poverty, reduced resource consumption and set levels of mortality control.”
    – Professor Maurice King

“We must make this an insecure and inhospitable place for capitalists and their projects. We must reclaim the roads and plowed land, halt dam construction, tear down existing dams, free shackled rivers and return to wilderness millions of acres of presently settled land.”
    – David Foreman, co-founder of Earth First!

“Giving society cheap, abundant energy would be the equivalent of giving an idiot child a machine gun.”
    – Prof Paul Ehrlich, Stanford University

“My three main goals would be to reduce human population to about 100 million worldwide, destroy the industrial infrastructure and see wilderness, with it’s full complement of species, returning throughout the world.”
    -Dave Foreman, co-founder of Earth First

Current lifestyles and consumption patterns of the affluent middle class – involving high meat intake,
    use of fossil fuels, appliances, air-conditioning, and suburban housing – are not sustainable.”
    – Maurice Strong, Rio Earth Summit

“A total population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal.”
    – Ted Turner, founder of CNN and major UN donor

“In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill.”
    – Club of Rome, The First Global Revolution

“Unless we announce disasters no one will listen.”
    – Sir John Houghton, first chairman of IPCC

“It doesn’t matter what is true; it only matters what people believe is true.”
    – Paul Watson, co-founder of Greenpeace

This is a drop in the bucket but as you can see there are some that want big changes for us. They are using global warming as the way to do it. The IPCC is an activist group. Not a scientific body.

Here is the story on the UN climate guru. Her own words from her own lips tell you its about redistribution.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/bar...icial-goal-intentionally-transform-economic-0

There has been no warming above normal but what is normal? The Medieval and Roman warming periods were much warmer than now. It was times of great prosperity in the world. The cold periods have seen massive die offs in history. The hockey stick graph was a hoax as well. Even if you believe it, zoom back out to see a graph since the Roma warming period and you will see its a joke. I read everything I can about the subject and I have seen not one speck of poof showing any man made global warming.

Remember they told us we would be having snowless winters by now and our children may never see snow. They said the Arctic would be ice free by now. They said the hurricanes in the Gulf you become massive and more numerous. Wrong every time. Why do they continue to get a free pass every time? They just keep pumping out more dooms day predictions. Sure some glaciers are melting. So did the ones that covered much of the US that formed the Great Lakes. Some are also growing. You don't hear about those. The earth changes. Always has and always will. We can't stop it for our convenience.

13. possumal

possumal 10 pointer

Jun 21, 2007
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    I am forced to leave you deniers to your own ignorance. I wish you all well.

14. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.

Just how much of it is REALLY man made??

Less than 12,000 years ago New York City was under 1 mile of ICE.

The world has been changing from the very start and will keep on changing.

Another thing.

While the United States keeps on putting out more and more "green" countries like China and India are NOT going anything but keep putting out pollution like crazy.

Some of the BIGGEST supporters of global warming do NOT want to do anything to them. one on here ever told me to move to China.

But they call this "GLOBAL" warming, they want the United States to do it all but allow other countries to put out the worst in history, THAT right there is pure ignorance!!!

15. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Don't go away mad. I love debating this topic with the alarmist. Please show me I'm wrong. I'm begging you to prove me wrong. Do you know what the null hypotheses is? Its a basic principle science uses to disprove a something. The global warming scientist will not and can not use this. Nothing they have can prove man made global warming. NOTHING ! Even if we are having warming they must prove man is causing it. They can't. They have computer models that are repeatedly wrong but nothing more. Why not answer why the prediction on an Arctic free of ice and no snow by now were wrong. They told us it would happen yet you people just ignore it.

Almost ever story I read about future warming has the word "may or could" in it. It still passed off as fact. You are being scammed but show me the proof I ask for and I will apologize if I can't dispute it. Please no theories or hunches or pictures of polar bears clinging to a chunk of ice as proof. Show me anything thats out of the norm for our planet that can't be explained away. Your move....

Also, what about all the quotes I gave you? What about the UN lady telling you its about redistribution? I find it funny that you have people telling you what they are up to yet its like the ink is invisible and you don't see it.