FINALLY ... "The GOP is debating whether Reaganomics needs an update"

Duster

12 pointer
Dec 14, 2001
Up in the woods above Lake Malone
Just throwing this out there...Would you work for a company that promised x amount of wages per hour, x amount of vacation days, sick days, personal days,, you get the drift. Now the CEO comes to you via video and says the company is in trouble and we need concessions from you to stay afloat. You give into their request, take a cut in pay, give up vacation days, and so on. Now after you did this to save the company the reports show that CEO got a multi million $$$ bonus for getting you to do so and wants more concessions. Would that tick you off or just chalk it up to the way things are done.

And don't go to the shareholder deal....they got me for 17K in stock I was promised upon retirement I had paid for thru a employee stock ownership program.

Last edited:

Tyler Durden

Banned
Jan 14, 2014
WKY via TN
Just throwing this out there...Would you work for a company that promised x amount of wages per hour, x amount of vacation days, sick days, personal days,, you get the drift. Now the CEO comes to you via video and says the company is in trouble and we need concessions from you to stay afloat. You give into their request, take a cut in pay, give up vacation days, and so on. Now after you did this to save the company the reports show that CEO got a multi million $$$ bonus for getting you to do so and wants more concessions. Would that tick you off or just chalk it up to the way things are done.

Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield. Dig it.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
FINALLY ... "The GOP is debating whether Reaganomics needs an update"

Well, everyone's sharing their thoughts and I'm a simpleton but here's my thinking...the idea of trickle down economics was good but greed got the best of some and money never trickled. The Government should have regulated better. However, I've said time and time again, if I'm a business owner that has put food in the mouths of many or some of the companies that have branched from the men and companies who built this country like a Carnegie, Vanderbilt, Ford, Morgan etc...and this fine country repays me by putting me in a tax bracket that takes 60+ % of my earnings, I'm sorry, I'm pulling stake and taking my business elsewhere. If that's un-American then I'm guilty as charged. If my great, great Grandpa was JP Morgan and left me a fortune why is it the government has a right to punish me with taxes just because I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I'm a public educator so I'll never be rich but that's how I feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duster

12 pointer
Dec 14, 2001
Up in the woods above Lake Malone
Again, ceo compensation is a drop in the bucket. That does stink to have to make those concessions. I would hope to find employment else where, if it were me.
When your as close to retirement as I was when all this came down you are not out looking for another job. My unit got bought out by another company that allowed me continue and get that retirement and insurance in the end. Got word not long ago that unit is schedule for shutdown soon tho and a lot of good people will be out of a job. Some may get to transfer to other divisions within the company is their best hope at this time.

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
Its odd that so many think "big corporations" are made to support the country and owe people a certain level of comfort in their life.

If its all greed then why wouldn't they all pay minimum wage? Why do any of them give you sick days or pay any benefits? A company needs to pay what they must to keep the level of employee they need. If you have no skills then they have no need to pay you the same as the CEO. Stop crying you are mistreated. We are all were we are because of the choices we made in life. No rich person is hording money away from you. They are not keeping you poor by being rich.

Most of these big, evil, corporations pay a lot of money to investors. If you are smart, you will take advantage of that and invest with a 401K or in the market. Look at how much money is in the market now. I would say they are giving a lot of Americans a great opportunity to retire with more money than the government is promising. But hey....I guess that's greed too !!

Tyler Durden

Banned
Jan 14, 2014
WKY via TN

And don't go to the shareholder deal....they got me for 17K in stock I was promised upon retirement I had paid for thru a employee stock ownership program.

I sure did not, I along with a lot of others were thrown under the bus over that deal. It was along the lines of take it or leave it type deal.

When your as close to retirement as I was when all this came down you are not out looking for another job. My unit got bought out by another company that allowed me continue and get that retirement and insurance in the end. Got word not long ago that unit is schedule for shutdown soon tho and a lot of good people will be out of a job. Some may get to transfer to other divisions within the company is their best hope at this time.

What? Your argument was that big buisness gave you the once over. Then you turn around and claim to have recieved all retirement. Which way is it?