Finally.someone taking a stand!!! Kudo's to you texas governer greg abbott!!!!

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by 12 pointer, Jul 1, 2015.

1. riverview

riverview 8 pointer

So on my swing shift factory job I shouldn't have to work on Sundays, Good Friday, Easter, or Christmas?

2. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Back to the days of the Blue Laws where nothing was open on those days. I think they tried that once a long time ago, didn't fly well then will not fly well now with a moble society

3. riverview

riverview 8 pointer

So, I do have to perform the duties of my job? I'm confused now.

4. HUNTZVT

HUNTZVT 12 pointer

I wonder if I could use the new SCOTUS ruling to get the state of WV to eliminate the law that prohibits hunting on Sundays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    REALLY? Then they need to find another job if that's is what they believe.If they don't want to ISSUE A LICENSE BY FEDERAL LAW and BREAK THE LAW,then they should find another line of work.
    I have worked many a time on Sunday Christmas and Easter that I didn't like doing but had to to feed my family.
    These clerks ARE NOT DOING ANY MARRIGE SERVICES AT ALL. Their job is to just issue LISENCE.
    I myself don't condone the Gay life style or even think it is right but if I was a clerk that had a job to do I would give out a LICENSE and let GOD do the JUDGEING.

6. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    The local judge executive said yesterday he would stop performing marriages all together. Rather than refuse to do gay marriages that violated his Catholic beliefs, he is just gonna stop doing all of them. Wasn't a requirement for his job. I applaud him.

7. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    I AGREE and APPLAUD HIM ALSO. Judge executives don't have to marry anyone.But they sometimes do it.Just like Magistrates.

8. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    I was curious how ours would fall on the issue. He is actually a relative by marriage and I see him at family events so I may get his take.

9. HUNTZVT

HUNTZVT 12 pointer

Straight people like me who don't believe in the man in the sky going to be SOL. Glad I had my godless, heathen wedding before all this started.

On the other hand, I'm an ordained minister licensed to do weddings so maybe I can corner the market on the straight pagan weddings.

10. stevenvalleyagain

stevenvalleyagain 10 pointer

Aug 15, 2005
    Valley station
    That's completely your right. But if you are living like there is no God, better hope you are right.

11. grouseguy

grouseguy Cyber-Hunter

This is the lamest pro-religion excuse that keeps getting trotted out like it makes logical sense. In effect, you're saying that you choose to believe because you're too afraid to think for yourself and live with your own life choices.

Also, if you truly believed it is HUNTZVT's "right" to make his own choice, then there would have been no need for the additional commentary.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  12. grouseguy

grouseguy Cyber-Hunter

Yesterday, the Rowan Co Clerk took a similar stand and refused to issue any marriage licenses so as not to discriminate against anyone, thereby, in effect, discriminating against everyone.

Well, I just read where she was sued today by two same sex couples AND two heterosexual couples for failing to do her elected duty. Hopefully, she'll save her county further expense and embarrassment and quickly resign.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  13. HUNTZVT

HUNTZVT 12 pointer

Define living like there is no God.

I think you're under the false assumption that morality can't exist without Christianity. People can do the right thing because it's the right thing to do or because their God commands it. The only difference between you and I is that I don't need the threat of enteral hell fire to make me behave.

14. HUNTZVT

HUNTZVT 12 pointer

My dad works in Rowan Co and just sent me an email about this. The title was "Here's a chance to make some money." Told me to bring my minister credentials.