Filming hunts and who else does it

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Mossy_Oak_Mike, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Mossy_Oak_Mike

Mossy_Oak_Mike 6 pointer

Jul 4, 2016
    Mackville kentucky
    I started filming my deer hunts last season for a couple reasons.. 1st an foremost because when I'm (hopefully) 85 years old and can't get into the woods anymore , I wanna be able to look back at my hunts and enjoy again what I experienced in the woods and 2nd it opens up a whole new challenge to hunting.. Especially bow hunting.. Although last season was mainly a learning season for doing my filming, it was a blast and can't wait to share videos with the page this coming season.. How many of you out there film your hunts?

2. Soggy McBottom

Soggy McBottom Spike

Nov 28, 2014
    Northern Kentucky
    I've been filming hunts pretty seriously for the last 10 years. I spend my free time in the winter editing and have a lot of fun doing so. Be warned it can be addicting and expensive!

Mossy_Oak_Mike likes this.
  3. Mossy_Oak_Mike

Mossy_Oak_Mike 6 pointer

Jul 4, 2016
    Mackville kentucky
    That's cool!! I'm addicted to it already.. I just enjoy it.. Do u share ur videos any where?

4. Fit2KillProstaffer

Fit2KillProstaffer 6 pointer

Nov 1, 2011
    Central KY

I've been filming hunts since around 2009. Not just deer but all hunting (and some fishing). I have about 65 videos on my you tube channel. Soggy Bottom is right. It is addicting but it is also a lot of work. You have to be committed to getting the equipment out there, thinking about the footage you want to take and then the real work starts with the editing. Getting a kill shot on video is really hard, especially if you are self-filming.

I would like to see another forum started on this site for those of us interested in video hunts.

5. Mossy_Oak_Mike

Mossy_Oak_Mike 6 pointer

Jul 4, 2016
    Mackville kentucky
    That's cool!! I'm addicted to it already.. I just enjoy it.. Do u share ur videos any where?whats

6. Mob169"

Mob169" 6 pointer

Aug 14, 2010
    Do it because it's fun and enjoyable. Don't do it to be a part of a "show". Also, make sure you've had plenty of positive hunting experiences first. Nothing worse than a new hunter trying to film and be successful.

7. Mossy_Oak_Mike

Mossy_Oak_Mike 6 pointer

Jul 4, 2016
    Mackville kentucky
    I'm def not looking for a show lol!! It's a blast to do.. I've been hunting for well over 20 years.. Just thought filming my hunts would be a challenge and something I can look back on!!

8. Soggy McBottom

Soggy McBottom Spike

Nov 28, 2014
    Northern Kentucky
    My pal and I produce an outdoor show that airs locally. Nothing serious just gives us an outlet besides YouTube.

The first part of the video explains the show a bit. If you want to go one of our hunts skip to the 18:05 mark. (I'm the cameraman on this hunt)

9. BowHunter20

BowHunter20 6 pointer

Oct 15, 2014
    Ohio
    What software do you use to edit?

10. Mossy_Oak_Mike

Mossy_Oak_Mike 6 pointer

Jul 4, 2016
    Mackville kentucky
    Nice job!! Real nice video

Soggy McBottom likes this.
  11. Soggy McBottom

Soggy McBottom Spike

Nov 28, 2014
    Northern Kentucky
    Adobe Premiere Pro CS6. It's the last edition before they went to the cloud.

12. Fit2KillProstaffer

Fit2KillProstaffer 6 pointer

Nov 1, 2011
    Central KY
    That is good stuff Soggy. My channel on you tube is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkP1NOoyDm_t3XFRS2Q9Yag. Like I said, I would love go see a new forum that is dedicated to showing videos and trading info on filming, equipment, setups, etc. I've sent a message to the KentuckyHunting.net via the Contact Us link below to see if we can get one started. If others are interested, maybe they will do the same. This is all just a hobby for me but it adds a lot of fun and challenge to hunting.

13. Carpdaddy

Carpdaddy 10 pointer

May 12, 2016
    Corbin, Ky
    Good videos guys. Never tried that myself, I already have enough working against me. Lol

14. skin_dog1

skin_dog1 BBBC Members

15. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Anybody do iPhone videos? I know that's not big equipment like spoke of here but I bought both bow and xbow attachments a few years ago and have never even tried them. Is it worth messing with? Can you actually get a decent video/clip?