Files/Rasps

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by aaronc, Jan 22, 2020.

1. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    I've been researching and purchasing files and rasp over the last little bit. Good ones are hard to find,..at least they were for me. As with anything else you get what you pay for. Here is a couple of links if any of you guys are in the market for some future buys for your shop. I use mine for powder horns and wood,..so I'm after coarse sharp toothy files. I also picked up some rasps. I hate most all of the other junk out there :mad:

https://www.ottofrei.com/jewelry-tools-equipment/bench-tools/files

,......larger files start on about page 4

https://www.corradishop.com/

Have several products from these guys,........love the Gold Precision rasps. They ship direct from Italy....arrives in 2 days.

Carl likes this.
  2. 00noturkey

00noturkey 10 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    bookmarked both sites. will checkout.
    i hate buying the junk sold now..

aaronc likes this.
  3. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Dont want to hijack the thread but...
    I been looking to pick up some tools/equipment to make some furniture, cabinets and such for my garage/apartment.
    Always figured I needed planers, tabelsaws, bandsaws, jointers, etc etc. Been investigating and it seems I can get away
    with a lot less than thought. Like a Router table, circular saw, some chisels a good bench with a bunch of clamps.

My question to the group is. What are the absolute must haves to be able to build half way decent stuff?

4. Brody

Brody 6 pointer

Apr 7, 2019
    No place like home
    Good table saw with good blades, router, Sanders. Take it to the next level with planer, joiner, and lathe.

aaronc and Carl like this.
  5. 00noturkey

00noturkey 10 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    i got a router table i'll never use. find out what is worth, make an offer. its a craftsman, if you are interested in it, i'll find out the serial number. my pop died in 2005. its just sitting in my building. he used to build kitchen cabinets.

6. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Table saw w/good blades and dado set up. router table and joint jigs. Compound mitre saw and a Planer. Kreg Jig!

Gforcetrivers and Munson like this.
  7. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    That about nails it except for a Stanley 60 1/2, a biscuit joiner, and some yaller glue.

8. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    OK sounds good.

9. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
  10. 00noturkey

00noturkey 10 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    i'll get back to you. remind me in a few days if i dont. my memory gets a bit slippery at times..