Field dressing

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kyoutdoorsman, Nov 2, 2019.

1. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I'm just a hooligan/rabble rouser, so I guess I'm not an option. lol

2. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Im mad we didnt take xbokilla elk hunting. Is his season done or can he hunt late? I dont know whats going on this year, cant keep up with the “changes”

bgkyarcher likes this.
  3. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    He has a short window, but I'm not sure when that is. They really screwed the bow hunters this year..... I haven't been over this year. Job situation, I just couldn't commit to anything...

4. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    WTH?!? Who in their right mind leaves those tender morsels for the buzzards? No knife needed to remove those if you got a slit cut in above the hams.
    I admit I've forgot to get em a time or two when in a hurry but always go back an get em. Usually head straight to the skillet lol:cool::D

HCDH66 likes this.
  5. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Never had a problem gutting anything. Ive not.got a weak stomach either though, so im sure that helps. Ive got a few buddies that have hunted for years, and they cant gut anything without gagging and puking, its hilarious at times.
    To me, the smelliest thing to clean is a turkey. But i get there innarda out as well. Heart, livers and gizzard are some fine eating.