Few Fawns

Chimpy

8 pointer
Jun 29, 2004
Wilder, ky, USA.
I shot deer #7 tonight, all does, and this one like the others had no milk sack. This seems rather unusual to me. Are you guys finding the same? It just seems weird that all 7 didn't have fawns. I guess they could've died, but seems odd to me.

ojibwa62

12 pointer
Jul 1, 2018
NOTW
I have not gotten many fawn pics this year and most of the does I see with fawns only have one.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
Now that you mention it, I have seen more does with no fawns this year than in years passed. I've seen several fawns, but I probably have as many lone does as those with fawns....

HuntsItAll

8 pointer
Jan 23, 2009
A hunters paradise
My cameras every year show show hardly no fawns. Been this way for about 5yrs... I blame it on the coyotes and bobcats. Not sure if it’s the cause of lack of fawns or not?? But every week I check cams, and every week I have coyote pictures.

Chimpy

8 pointer
Jun 29, 2004
Wilder, ky, USA.
I have seen several fawns, but not as many as in years past. The doe I killed tonight was a very nice doe - no reason for her not to have a couple fawns. If a doe loses her fawn/fawns, does her milk dry up?

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
On my property, I have a Doe with twins, and a few more Doe with Single Fawns. Last Winter, I saw several nice Bucks, but haven't seen very many this past Summer/Fall. Rut is still a bit early, and they should start chasing soon. This past Summer has been rough on Deer.

Stone Branch

10 pointer
Jun 27, 2019
Lewis county, KY
One fawn on camera all year.

IMG_1103 (1300 x 731).jpg

G

Latest posts