Female Hunters and Sexism

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by ptbrauch, Dec 26, 2014.

1. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    I've never raised my girls to know that some things are for girls and some are for boys, but through commercials, kids at school, and other sources, they've pretty much figured it out. That being said, those pink guns are effective in getting their attention. If we go to any place with a pink gun or pink camo, they immediately spot it. So if it leads to two young girls into the sport, color them up.

2. GrouseAssasin

GrouseAssasin 12 pointer

Aug 1, 2009
    Jackson, ky
    ^^^ Thats it, if it gets more girls/women into it, then who cares what color it is. My wife is the proud new owner of a pink camo AR, if she's happy with it and it keeps her in the woods that's all I give a crap about.

3. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    Pretty sure its known as marketing 101

4. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    You mean that pink camo is for women? I thought I'd been getting some funny looks! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. sacmarata

sacmarata 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2014
    there
    OK...wait a minute.... a woman walks into a room full of men and "FEELS" stares and hears a dad say to his son, "I know what you are looking at." YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME???

Maybe...just MAYBE, she shouldn't flatter herself so much? Maybe NOBODY even looked at her and her magical spidey senses are jacked up? Maybe the dad was commenting on a picture of ducks on the wall, knowing his son was chomping at the bit to get his first duck?

This reminds me of a guy I used to know. Every time we would go to a store together he would tell me how everyone was watching him and thinks he's a shoplifter because of his skin color. We were in business suits carrying clip boards!!!! Of course they were looking at us. they thought we were from Regional Offices or a district Manager or something.

The lady in the story needs to get over herself!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  6. scoffman

scoffman Spike

Oct 27, 2011
    I think it's sexist that the male of a species looks prettier than the female, except when it comes to the human species. :highly_amused:

Maybe it's just my way of looking at things through the heterosexual male blinders I always seem to have on. :confused:

Seriously though I wonder how old the father/son combo was, and how the offended lady in question looked at the time. Y'all know the rut can make us males be really stupid at times. :eek-new:

7. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Im all for women in the outdoors and Im all for them being treated fairly/equally. I hate it when a lady is put off by jerks when it concerns outdoors and firearms. Though in this case I get the feeling their is a little more to the story than we are being told. She works in a male institution and she feels threated and intimidated by walking into a group of duck hunters?

8. sacmarata

sacmarata 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2014
    there
    A little more? We were told everything: A woman FELT stares and a dad talked to his son and suddenly because theres a woman in the room everyone sees an issue. We were told everything...problem is, people turned nothing into something.

The lady in the story probably has anxiety, depression, low self worth and some daddy issues. Thats what I gather.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  9. HUNTZVT

HUNTZVT 12 pointer

I dated a lot of those women in college. Never a dull moment with them.

10. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    There were at least two women at Ballard this past Sunday. I didn't think to ask them how they felt about it.

11. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I think the only time taking a gal duck hunting that caused some to stare and gripe was when I took my oldest daughter. She was 15 at the time. In order to draw you had to have a party of three. One of our regulars had something come up and couldn't make that day. Daughter wanted to go even tho she didn't duck hunt. Did not have to be licensed just a body to make up the party. We let her draw the number out of the can and she drew number one choice and that ticked off a few guys. I think she had a ball that day even when the dog she was holding the lead on drug her in the water when a teal hit and made a splash before she could turn loose. It was funny hearing her yell stop stop and the strong as a ox young dog thought otherwise and in the shallow water they went. Good thing it was early teal season and water was not cold yet.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  12. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    I wonder if she was gay? It doesnt sound like they were being jerks just a father trying to act cool in front of his son but didnt think before he spoke. Heck weve all done stupid stuff that we offended someone by accident.