Federal turkey load?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by alldaydust, Mar 18, 2013.

1. alldaydust

alldaydust Fawn

Feb 28, 2010
    I did some shooting the other day with my stoeger m3000 and a tight wad. I had federal 3" #5 mag-shok with the flight control wad, and 3" #6 strut shok without the flight control wad. The #6's patterned way better than the #5's at a farther distance, I seen that some people said that the fcw did not do as well with ported chokes. I haven't got to shoot the factory choke and was wondering if anyone had any luck with the choke that came with the gun? Thanks!

2. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    If you are talking about the Stoeger M3500, the factory included turkey choke patterns great in my gun. I'm using federal 3 1/2inch #5's. #4's work well too.

I also tried that choke in my SBE and liked the results.

3. big bubba t

big bubba t 10 pointer

Sep 4, 2004
    Waltersburg , KY
    I use the factory turkey choke in my p-350 and it does well with the flight control wads but does just a little better with Kents. Which is fine with me since they are cheaper.

4. slowjimbo

slowjimbo 6 pointer

Nov 4, 2003
    Deviltown
    The only answer for your gun is to try it and see. I have a Rem 870/tightwad set-up that works well out to 50 yds with flight control Federals. With the factory choke, the patterns are a little bigger, but still acceptable (especially for the price).